Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Book of Remembrance

Annette and Jenny tagged me on a subject that is so very dear to my heart...words in a book.
List your top book in each category for this meme.

"With one day's reading, a man may have the key in his hands." - Ezra Pound
"In the case of good books, the point is not how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." Mortimer Adler
"Some books leave us free and some books make us free." Ralph Waldo Emerson

THE BOOK MEME:

BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE:
Wounded Heart (Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse) by Dan Allender and
The Healing Path: How the Hurts in your Life Can Lead You to a More Abundant Life by
Dan Allender
Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb and one more by Crabb - Soul Talk book and DVD series
The Patriarchs by Beth Moore
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

BOOK I'VE READ MORE THAN ONCE
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
My Utmost for His Highest by O.C.

BOOK I WANT ON A DESERTED ISLAND
Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bible - AMG Publishers
A Year with C.S. Lewis: Daily Readings from his Classic Works

BOOK THAT MADE ME LAUGH
God Uses Cracked Pots by Patsy Clairmont

BOOK THAT MADE ME CRY
A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
Surprised with Joy by C. S. Lewis
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers made me weep and wail…oh my goodness

BOOK I WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN – God gives children to very young women who don’t know a lot about raising children, to women who haven't suffered much yet in their young lives, and it seems like you grow up together with your children. I really benefited from reading "How Children Raise Parents: The Art of Listening to Your Family." I wish more older and seasoned women would write to the younger ones about their experiences, their perspective, their stories. I would have bought it. Also, I want a book about God's word from every chapter in the Bible. Cover to Cover. This coming year, I am going to share and pray the verses that my beautiful God speaks to me as I listen and read the Bible through in one year. I'll post it on my blog every Monday morning. You can join me and read a book a week and see what God is saying to you.

BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN - IDK

BOOK CURRENTLY READING
Inner Voice of Love by Henri Nouwen
Better Than My Dreams: Finding What You Long For Where You Might
Not Think to Look by Paula Rinehart

BOOK I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ
George MacDonald---anything by him
Brennan Manning's "Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging"
C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" (again)
Dan Allender's "Breaking the Idols of your Heart: How to Navigate the Temptations
of your Life
Tremper Longman III's "How to Read the Psalms" and "Making Sense of the Old
Testament - Three Crucial Questions
Tag 5 people...,

I TAG Lisa, Susan, Alana, Kim, Kristin, Misti...anyone who wants to jump in this book sharing!
OH! Were we supposed to list just one book each...lol...I am way too wordy...

Our good God says in Malachi 3:16 that those who feared the Lord talked with each other and a Book of Remembrance has been written in His Presence. The LORD listens and hears those who honor His name.

12 comments:

annette 12/30/2007  

You've given me lots of food for thought--I too am reading the Bible through this year, just chronologically, but not too fast. I will definitely join you Monday mornings. I haven't read many on your list, and am headed to Amazon.com! Blessed Sunday to you.Love, annie

Katie 12/30/2007  

Love Dan Allender... he was a speaker at one of Taylor U's spiritual renewal weeks (once or twice) when I was there.

Unknown 12/30/2007  

BREAKFAST?????????? I look forward to meeting you!!!

BTW...your girls are beautiful!

Fran 12/30/2007  

Bev....
One thing I'm praying hard for regarding 2008 is to be a better reader...I get so distracted and it takes me 100 years to finish a book! So, in order to go "Deeper Still" with my Savior this new year, I'm going to have to read more. This is a huge challenge for me and you just inspire the fire out of me! :)

I wish we were closer. You want to move to TN by chance???

Love~
Fran

Fran 12/30/2007  

Bev,
Just read your comment about your friends death and I'm so very sorry. I'm praying for her family right now. May the Lord of comfort, restoration and hope come in and begin to heal their broken hearts and surround them with angels on Earth who can love them and encourage them and help them up during this sad, sad time.

Praying~
Fran

He Knows My Name 12/30/2007  

thank you dear bev for checking in on me.

i love your book list and i take the offer since i need to get out of my blog slump.

my brother gave my son both screwtape and mere christianity. my prayer is they get read sometime.

i also love books. i tend to start too many at one time. i did have to take notes from your blog this time. :) thanks some sound like awesome gifts.

blessed by you. ~janel

jennyhope 12/30/2007  

joining on Mondays!
We have the same bible!!!!! If it is the Key word study! I love it.

I have had you on my heart all day! I had to work. oh and about my hand it is so much better. It started hurting again tonight because I started to forfeit the brace. =)

Praise and Coffee 12/31/2007  

Hello Sweet Friend,
Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season and have a Happy New Year!
Isn't it exciting to think of new beginnings?!
2 Cor 5:17-18
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
NIV
Hugs,
Sue

Connie Barris 12/31/2007  

we are so much alike... in our book reading.. those are the same book likes...that I have read and loved...

but there is a book now that will knock your socks off...

The Shack by William Young... Barnes and Noble has it or Amazon..

And thank you so much for your prayers.. they are truly felt..

love you girl
Connie

connorcolesmom 12/31/2007  

Bev,
Oh I wish I was better at finding time to read. I LOVE to read but when I am doing a Bible study I do not read anything else. So I have not read in about 3 years. I know so bad. I loved the Believing God study by Beth Moore, He speaks to Me by Priscilla Shirer and the Covenant Study by Kay Arthur.
Have a HAPPY AND GREAT 2008!!
Love ya,
Kim

Susan 1/01/2008  

Me Susan? lol.

Alana 1/01/2008  

Oooh!! I'm so excited to do this one, thanks for the tag!

The Screwtape Letters is one of my all time favorites!!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008