Monday, December 24, 2007

Isn't He?

My girls are home!Brooke arrived tonight at 5pm from Thailand via a weekend stay in Seattle with her Grandpa whom she made very happy for Christmas. We videotaped the "airport scene" but I'll spare you the screams of sheer joy. Blair arrived a couple of hours later from Washington D.C., her new home---yes, she has a "real" job as of today. Barrett left Lincoln for good this weekend after 7 years of college/grad school---he graduated yesterday and he's home! We went straight to the relatives for a partay---here's a photo of my precious girls taken tonight by a teary-eyed tender grateful mom who has all of her children home.

Thinking this Christmas Eve about our real home---in heaven. Jesus is our home. He's everything to us! What will you give Him for Christmas? All He wants is you, your heart, your presence. He's knocking on your door right now. Rev. 3:8 says I've placed before you an open door this Christmas that no man can shut. I know you have little strength but you have not denied my Name. And He, our beautiful LORD, goes on to say in 3:20: Here I AM. I am standing at your door knocking. If you hear my Voice and open your door, I will come in and eat with you and you with ME. He's knocking. Drop what you are doing. Open your door wide!

Isn't He Wonderful?

Isn't He Beautiful?

our Prince of Peace
humble Son of God
present Counselor
our Almighty God.

Isn't He Wonderful? Isn't He beautiful? We sang it in church this morning and I about jumped out of my skin with such praise to HIM. He is so good to me in the midst of my good times and my bad times this Christmas. He is so good to me for never giving up on me, ever. He is so good, maybe not "safe" as C. S. Lewis says, but He is Good! Isn't He?

Brooke & Blair picked the winners...
The Winners of my Post Prizes drawn from those who commented on my BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes are:

DOOR #1 ... DRUM ROLL...patty - expensive chocolates from the Sweet Shop
DOOR #2 ... DRUM ROLL...connorcolesmom - rachael ray's cookbook 30 Minute Meals
DOOR #3 ... DRUM ROLL...
3 WINNERS behind this door:
sue@praise&coffee - ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION to Domino Magazine
joyful days - ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION to Domino Magazine
fran - ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION to Domino Magazine.
Please e-mail me your address at your convenience, and I'll mail your door prize, your POST PRIZE, to you after the holidays (January 2nd). Thanks for stopping by my BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes. You've made blogging so much fun for me. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Bev

9 comments:

Fran 12/24/2007  

Oh, this grateful, tender momma's heart rejoices and jumps up and down with you over your family being together!! I can just see that beautiful grin all over your face as you probably can't stop smiling! :)

Praise God for His awesomeness, for His love, for His mercy new every morning, for His tender, loving compassionate heart over you, His child.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! Enjoy it all Bev. Thanks for drawing my name Blair. My address is in the email!

Merry Christmas and love to all of you, Brandon family.
Fran in TN

Praise and Coffee 12/24/2007  

OH Bev, I'm so thrilled for you that the girls are home. Love them to pieces while you can!!!

You are so sweet and I have loved meeting you through blogging. I always love your comments because they just fill my heart!

And I'm so excited to win! Thank you!!

Blessings to you and your family and a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sue

annette 12/24/2007  

Bev, what a day to have all together and to worship giving praise for His allowing you to all be together and for His Perfect Gift. A beautiful Christmas--enjoy everyone together! And congratulations to all winners--we all are just by reading Bev's sweet words. Joyous Noel. Feliz Navidad. and whatever Brooke said it was in Thai--merry Christmas. love, annie

Joyful Days 12/24/2007  

Bev, thank you so much! I will e-mail you my info.

Bless your mother's heart! I was teary just thinking about how I would feel (will feel?) someday, when it is my boys returning home. Your family is so beautiful.

Prayers for your very sweet & merry Christmas.

Always in Him,

Julie

Amy 12/24/2007  

Good Morning Bev! I couldn't wait this morning to stop by for a visit. I hope it's not too early! :o) Your family was on my heart first thing and I couldn't wait to read about it. My eyes are filled with tears of joy for you, sweet momma.

And the song Isn't He was one of my father's favorite's to sing at Christmas. It's a beautiful song!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Love, Amy

Patty 12/24/2007  

I am so happy for you that your girls are home!!! I was thinking of you yesterday as I knew your girls were coming in.
This will be the best Christmas for your family.
I LOVE your sweet and kind heart and thank you for leaving me encouraging, sett and funny comments on my blog. Jesus radiates all over you!!!

I can't believe I won!!! Thank you so much!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Patty

Sharon Brumfield 12/24/2007  

I came by to get the recipe for the Monkey bread and was blessed to see your beautiful girl.
What a sweet time ya'll will have this holiday season.

I pray your heart is full and you KNOW how much your Daddy God is loving on you right now. He loves you girl!
And I do do.
So glad you are my sister.

Sarah 12/24/2007  

oh mrs. bev i know you are so excited to have your family home! i can't wait to see them soon. enjoy tomorrow with the WHOLE group!!

connorcolesmom 12/25/2007  

I WON THE COOKBOOK!!!
I am so excited b/c I really wanted it :)
Plus Craig will be excited for me to try out some new recipes and under 30 minutes will be great for me with 2 little ones :)
Your daughters are beautiful!
I am so glad that your whole family is home for Christmas!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS my sweet friend - you are a blessing!
Much love,
Kim

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008