Sunday, December 16, 2007

Two Babies in a Manger

All 123 Orphans
at The House of Blessing
Tribal Children's Home
Have Been Sponsored!

I AM SPEECHLESS
TO THE BLOG WORLD
FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY SON'S REQUEST
TO BLESS 123 ORPHANS.
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.

Check back bloggers in January for an UPDATE
on the distribution of your gifts to these precious orphans.
TWO BABIES IN A MANGER
I'd like to share a true story with you about an orphan. About 100 boys and girls, who had been abandoned, abused, and left in the care of a government-run program, were in the orphanage near the holiday season. They were about to hear, for the first time, the traditional story of Christmas. The storyteller began with Mary and Joseph's arrival at Bethlehem. Finding no room at the inn, the couple were directed to a stable. There, the baby Jesus was born and placed in a manger. Throughout the telling of the story, the children sat on their stools in amazement, trying to grasp every word. Each orphan was given three small pieces of cardboard to make a crude manger. Each was given a small paper square, cut from yellow napkins. Following the instructions, the children tore the paper and carefully layed strips in the manger for straw. Small squares of flannel, cut from worn-out nightgowns, were used for baby blankets. The orphans were busy assembling their mangers as I walked among them to see if they needed any help.

All went well until I arrived at one table where six-year-old Misha sat, holding his finished project. As I looked at the little boy's manger, I was startled to see, not one, but two babies in the manger. Quickly, I called for the translator to ask the little guy why. Crossing his arms in front of him, the novice began to tell his story relating the happenings accurately, until he came to the part where Mary laid baby Jesus in the manger. Then, Misha started to ad-lib. He made up the rest of the story: "And when Mary laid the baby in the manger, Jesus looked up at me and asked me if I had a place to stay. I told Him I have no mama and I have no papa, so I don't have any place to stay. Then, Jesus told me I could stay with Him. But, I told him I couldn't, cause I have no gift to give him like everyone else did. I wanted to stay with Jesus so much! So, I thought about what I had, that maybe I could use for a gift. I thought maybe if I could keep him warm---that would be a good gift. So, I asked Jesus, 'If I keep you warm, will that be a good enough gift?' And Jesus told me, 'If you keep me warm, that will be the best gift anybody ever gave me.' So, I got into the manger, and then Jesus looked at me and He told me I could stay with Him .... for always."

As little Misha finished his story, his eyes so brimmed full of tears that they splashed down his little cheeks on to the floor. Putting his hand over his face, his head dropped to the table and his shoulders shook as he sobbed. The little orphan had found Someone who would never abandon nor abuse him. Someone who would stay with him. for always.

A thousand thanks to those who were able to be a part of bringing God to 123 orphans in Chiang-Mai, Thailand. Matthew 18:5 says "Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." You have welcomed your beautiful God. Now, what will you give to HIM this Christmas?

All He wants is all of you.
What is it that you want more than your beautiful God?
Keep Him warm.

12 comments:

Sharon Brumfield 12/16/2007  

Girl----oh my goodness!
Thank you Jesus for women who would rather touch a child in His name than to put one more thing under the tree.
If that isn't a clear picture of His love in our hearts----I don't know what is.
And what a precious story about the two babies. You could preach a sermon on that would not come back void.
And I do believe the word went out and it is not going to come back void.
Thant you for touching my heart.
Thank you for allowing me to touch His. We have "warmed" His heart.

Heather 12/16/2007  

How exciting that all the children were sponsered! Can't wait for the update in Jan! Hope your daughter is doing better. She is in our prayers.

Katie 12/16/2007  

thank you so much for the number. i will definitely be calling!!

also, i'm so glad to hear that all the orphans have been sponsored! that is such a testiment to the glory of God!!

He Knows My Name 12/16/2007  

Praise the Lord for those orphans. the ladies on this blog are the cream of the crop, absolutely the best.

i am leaning toward niv at this point. i do not own the message and the excerpts online i'm uneasy for a first bible. i can't say exactly why for sure maybe because it took me so long to accept niv from my new american standard. i'll let you know what i buy. we received about 10" of snow last night so my afternoon shopping will have to wait. just going to hunker down and be a home body today.

beholding the beauty of His marvelous creation in michgan.

~janel

Fran 12/16/2007  

"Thank you Jesus! We praise you Jesus!! And, we love you. Thank you for providing a path for the most precious children that we are able to pray for and provide for."

Bev...I'm not surprised one bit!
The body is amazing and beautiful when we come together. I pray for transformed lives and hearts in Jesus Name through this process. Thank you to your entire family for what you do. You have caused me to dig deeper into "giving" and I thank you.

Merry Christmas sweet friend.
Hallelujah for the great things He does!

Holly 12/16/2007  

Precious, precious boy. I want in with Him!

Praising God for Britt and Brooke's faithfulness to these little ones loved much by God!

Love you much,
Holly

Alana 12/16/2007  

YAY!!!!! I've been praying for that. Praise the Lord!

connorcolesmom 12/16/2007  

That was such a blessing to me today - to learn that ALL of the children were sponsord!!! I have been praying for all of them and was willing to cover that gap if there were still some outstanding - how wonderful that God provides for all of us!!
I also love the story of Misha - it truly touches my heart. He loves God with all of his heart and God showed him how much He loves Misha - for always!
PRAISE GOD!!!
Thank you for sharing!
Love,
Kim

Susan 12/16/2007  

Yay for us bloggy women! I am so thankful for all of you. I knew everyone would rally to help. My bff, Jill, was a day late in getting here to help, but excitedly reported to me this morning at church that all the orphans were gone! lol...we had a good laugh and then bragged on all the folks who stepped in (sorry...I know there are MEN out there helping, too!).

Can't wait to hear about/read the update.

How many days till Miss Brooke is home? Hope she is doing well and for goodness sakes...take her to a plastic surgeon!

Hugs to you and yours.

Susan

Jenny 12/17/2007  

I LOVE that story! I am sitting at my desk crying at how precious it is! Thank you for sharing!!! Merry Christmas Bev!

thouartloosed 12/17/2007  

I shared this story of two babies in the manger with my husband and we both were in tears by the end of it. What a precious truth you've shared with us. God bless you, Bev and your dear family.
Saying prayers for "my" children in Thailand and your daughter's quick recovery.

annette 12/22/2007  

Finally a time where I can comment, after returning to your site. I don't know what was a sweeter gift--the two babies story or the blessing of all the orphans with sponsorship. I have rejoiced with God already over this, but your story again touches the deepest places of my heart. Christmas blessings!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008