Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to You and Yours

Brit, Brooke, Bev, Bob, Blair, Barrett
Zechariah 2:10 says “I AM COMING and I will live among you, declares the Lord. You will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. Be STILL before the Lord, all humankind, because He has roused Himself from His Holy Dwelling.” And He became a child for us all that we might be set free. Free from ourselves. Free from this world. Invited to as intimate of a relationship as God has with His Son. John 17. Oh my! Anticipating a new year, we celebrate with you the birth of our beautiful Christ who is changing our world. The Word made flesh!

C. S. Lewis said: “What saves a man is to take a step, then take another step.” Our God is so intervening in all of our steps and we are doing well. Bob continues in construction management and serves in leadership of small group ministry at the church where we attend. He is waiting on God’s direction concerning going back into full-time ministry. Barrett graduated this week from the University of Nebraska grad school with an MBA. He continues to pursue his professional triathlon goals and has signed with a team to train and compete in France. Brooke, an Aggie grad, is serving as a missionary with the International Mission Board in Chiang-Mai, Thailand and she’s home for a dozen days this Christmas. Blair graduated from OU this spring and did an internship in Washington DC with the Family Research Council and was commissioned as a Witherspoon fellow this week. She accepted her first “real” job in D.C. working as a legislative assistant for the humble Congressman from Oklahoma. Britt is a sophomore loving life from his church youth group to the basketball court to the swimming pool to the debate floor of Youth & Government and HOBY. This is Bev writing---the one sentence I would say about myself is this: I am alive in ways I have never been before and I’m so grateful to my beautiful God I so love Who is wooing me in my wilderness. Hosea 2:14. Our prayer is that we do not forfeit the grace of our good God in our lives by living for worthless things. Jonah 2:8 One thing I’ve asked and that we will seek, to behold the Beauty of our God. What else is worth living for? John 6:68.

Deut 7:6-8 says you are chosen out of all the people on the face of the earth to be His treasured possession not because you are so strong, so wise, so numerous, but because He loves you and His Mighty Hand is on your life to redeem you from whatever is more important than the Love of Christ.
Little by Little. Deut. 7:22 May you find your Beautiful Savior, your Faithful Friend who rises to have compassion on us all. Isaiah 30:18. Have mercy on us all, our forgiving sovereign God. That we may exchange our lives in 2008 for those things that really matter to HIM. And we pray that Truth will sink and settle deep into our hearts. Psalm 51:10.

We would love to hear from you! Our doors are open wide if you are ever close to our Benbrook home. Drop us an e-mail (sixbrandons@sbcglobal.net) or visit my blog, but most of all, keep us in your prayers that we may live in the present not snared by the enemy of our world to dwell on the past (Isaiah 43:13) or live in the future. We count it such a privilege, such a blessing to be called your friend.
Happy New Year 2008
Filled with
Hope here
Hope laid up for you in Heaven,
Joy in your Jesus’ Presence, and a
Rendezvous with Rest like you have never known.
Glory to our beautiful God in the highest
Peace to you and your family
on whom His favor rests.
Luke 2:14.

15 comments:

Shonda 12/26/2007  

Bev, Beautiful family picture!
Yes, lets continue to seek our God as there is nothing else worth living for. I get so filled with HIS word when I stop by. Thank you for sharing the Word!

Blessings in Christ--

Fran 12/26/2007  

Merry Christmas Brandon family!

May your days be filled completely with His love, His presence, and His desires within your own heart.

I pray that you seek after Him ALWAYS! And, I praise Him for the work He does in your life to bring you to that place where He wants to have you.

I thank you for your friendship, love, and encouragement to this girl in Tennessee. And, I pray that you enjoy your family for the next several days as you have them all home. SO much to be thankful for. My heart is filled with gratitude and I hope you feel that same overflowing gratitude toward our Savior.

Peace and love Brandon family~
Fran

jennyhope 12/26/2007  

y'all rso precious!!! luv u

Heather 12/26/2007  

Love the family picture. I know you are happy to have all the kids around!

Praise and Coffee 12/26/2007  

Such a gorgeous family and such a beautiful heart you have!

Someday maybe I'll stop by for coffee!

Hugs,
Sue

Toknowhim 12/26/2007  

That picture is one of pure happiness... Your children are all pretty amazing... again, I know Mom and Day played a role in that :), but I have an idea that you would direct me to our Great God and give Him all the praise for how your children have turned out... I am learning more and more everyday that He really is the inspiration and initiator of anything that is good in our lives... Thank you once again for speaking of His great and wonderful love in your posts... I never, never, never get tired of hearing it.

PS. I had a breakthrough on Christmas Eve with the Lord... I feel different and marked forever more... Pray that life's circumstances do not diminish my resolve to do the things I know that I need to do with the Lord. I also felt so loved by Him, and I thank you because I know you have prayed for me to feel His love.

You are precious, and enjoy the time with all your family while you have them!!! Oh, and you know if I ever get to Texas, I am definitely stopping by...

Toknowhim 12/27/2007  

Bev,

I should be in bed by now, but I drank a Frap not too long ago, and this is the result... Thanks for the sweet comment, and I really do count it a blessing having met you through the blog :)

I may have your email address, but could you leave it again in a comment and I will save it to my address book, and then at times I can just email you instead of writing a book in your comment section :)

Blessings sweet Bev!!

Susan 12/27/2007  

Love the family picture! You are so blessed...and I know that you know it full well.

Hope you had an amazing Christmas and have a great New Year. We'll be back on the 30th or so...looking forward to getting home :)

Love u.

Susan

Sharon Brumfield 12/27/2007  

Thank you for such a sweet inspirational post.
It is amazing that many of us can be in desserts that seem to be the same but they look so different.
I pray that God continues to show you the way to the throne. That this year you may see Him as He is. Mat 5:8
I pray the same for myself and all of the other bloggers out here who are seeking His face.

You family is beautiful. Yes, that includes you. :)
Is is amazing how He shows in our continence when we let Him.

Have a great time with all your crew. God was sweet to bring them all home at one time.

connorcolesmom 12/27/2007  

What a beautiful family! God has truly blessed you. I pray that my boys turn out as well as your 2 guys!!
God bless,
Kim

Lisa 12/28/2007  

Bev,

Truth after truth after truth in this post! Wow! I love these Scriptures -- one right after the next -- shows that you go right to the source for TRUTH instead of resting on earthly opinion.

Loved your comment about being alive in ways you weren't before...and "God wooing you out of a wilderness." What a powerful visual for me this afternoon! And what a beautiful God to woo all of us out of our own personal "wildernesses!"

You drew me close to the Father through this post. Thanks for being a vessel.

Lisa :)

Unknown 12/29/2007  

It is so nice to "meet" you! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have noticed your comments on many of the blogs I read as well and am so glad to have finally been able to stop by and see you!

Your family is beautiful! Seriously, wow! What a great picture!

Also, I am very sad I didn't see your blog BEFORE the door prizes were drawn...because I would have loved to win the chocolate! Your Chocolate Covered Strawberries look divine!

Well, I am going to put you on my favorites list, I will stop by for a daily dose of Bev! (That is my sisters name too!)

I hope the remaining time with your family at home is incredible!

God bless!
Teri

jen 12/29/2007  

Bev!!! I'm catching up on your blog. Oh my! What a beautiful family you have! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are having a BLAST catching up and having fun family moments! Love you all!

jennyhope 12/30/2007  

I have been constantly thinking about something you said in a post a while back...i need to see if i can find the exact words so I dont mess it up. i am so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for you guys...do u mind me asking what happened?

I just get so tired of not getting it. I keep thinking one day I will believe God more! Help my unbelief!

again, I am so so sorry about your friend. It breaks my heart for you all. love you!

Alana 1/01/2008  

Your family is precious. I'm so thankful that you were all together for Christmas! Did you get to play any Scrabble? ;-)

I've missed you. I'm trying to catch up with everything, so I might be a little slow on the blog for a bit.

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008