Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Surgery is Tomorrow.............God Promised Me He Will Be There - Psalm 16:8

Just went for my last jog before surgery. Listened to "Healer" by Hillsong. I believe that He's my Healer, yes I do. Surgery is scheduled for 7am tomorrow, Thursday morning. It is a two-hour surgery and they will usher me out of the hospital late afternoon, as soon as I can get up. Should be home for dinner. The procedure is a lumpectomy and sentenal node dissection.

The past 24 hours have been the roughest yet. The radiation oncologist yesterday was way more than decent and so delightful but too graphic. He whisked out the devices he hopes to insert inside of me for one week of radiation (a cutting edge surgical procedure that circumvents seven weeks of daily radiation) and I nearly fainted. No way I can know the protocol until the pathology comes back anyway. A wave of depression came over me that I couldn't shake as I felt I really couldn't handle something steel and so big inside of me. Truth is---maybe I can't. But this I know...my God can give me His Strength.

I called my friend Mindy in California--- sobbing--- and she prayed for me and it lifted a day of depression. And where I have come to camp while I sat yesterday for four hours alone at the hospital was in the story of Jehoshaphat. In 2Chron 20, he was up against all odds. God said: Do not be afraid. I have had four people tell me that God put those words in the Bible 365 times. He knows we are afraid. The battle is not yours, but God's. I don't have to fight cancer. My body will fight the cancer. My God will fight for me. Stand firm. The LORD will be with me as I check into the hospital in 24 hours at 5:30am on Thursday.

2Chron 20:20 says: have faith in the LORD and you will be upheld. I feel like HE has held me tight through this five-week journey. Many of you have been through far worse. But what I face is real and God is giving peace in the midst. In the last verse of chapter 20, God writes that HE gave Jehoshaphat "rest on every side." As I turned on my computer just now, I allowed myself to read one e-mail. It was from Gary---the story of Jehoshaphat. 2 Chron 20---the battle is not yours, but God's. It's been like that this whole five weeks. Everywhere I turn, the hand of God toward me. Over 3,000 verses and it seems HE keeps speaking the same ones from different mouths.

You have been so kind and gracious and encouraging to me. Your words mean more to me than you will ever know. I would so love for you to pray for me as I face this surgery:
1. 2 Chron 20:30 - That my beautiful God will give me rest on every side---spiritually, physically, emotionally. May I enter a rest I know not.
2. Psalm 46:1 - That HE will be my ever-present help in my troubles. His Arm is not too short for me. Isaiah 59:1.
3. Isaiah 40:4 - That HE would raise up my every mountain and make low my every hill that I might know Him better in all of this and may HE be glorified.

God has carried me through siestas prayers--- your words, your care, your stories have made me feel like my beautiful God is moving in me and in you. So grateful for a brand new church this year that has embraced us and made us feel like we've been here forever. Overwhelmed with the love of the pastor and elders who have prayed over me and given us so much. How God loves His church. My church has been God's hand to me and I thank you so deeply. Hyde Park Baptist School has so brought God to me too! Even brand new friends named Sarah and Bev have so brought the face of God to me. You all have been so generous with your words and gifts and compassion. God sees what you have done for our family.

And I am so grateful to those of you who have been used by God to build the foundation of our lives. We were at Hope Church for 27 years and hold very dear memories of friendship. Galatians 4:19. God used the church to "form Christ in us." We love you all so. And for our dear friends of 21 years at Lake Country Christian School, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and loyalty. And for Card Club---you filled my life with His Beauty. Just so wanted to express my heart of gratitude to all of you who have brought God to me and my family! I prayed for each of these groups this morning. May the kindness of our God continue to lead us all to repentance for He is so worthy. Romans 2:4 Pressing on with you to what HE has called us to. To take hold of that which HE has taken hold of each of us---I want to know Christ just like you do and His Power and the fellowship of His sufferings. Phil 3:10-14. Sounds so spiritual but I'm at the lowest reaching up and looking to touch a hem.

Deeply appreciate your prayers tomorrow as I face the unknown with the One who knows. I'm scared but confident in my God. Jer. 17:7. No worries in a year of drought. Not confident in myself. Just a Mighty God Who loves me so. I'll be smoothing out those hospital bedsheets, welcoming HIM to sit awhile and watch over me. Would you watch and pray too? I need you so. Your moving into my life means so much to me! Holly and Annette---would you keep them updated if I can't.
My Love and Gratitude to each of you, Bev

39 comments:

Sheryl 5/13/2009  

i will most definitely be praying! how comforting to know that although we do not know...God knows!

love and much peace to you,
sheryl

Sallye 5/13/2009  

Praying and believing. Knowing that God is with you every step of the way.

Psalm 57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge. Until these calamites have passed by.

Sallye

Anonymous 5/13/2009  

May the God of all hope fill you with all peace...God, I thank you that Your grace is sufficient and I pray that Bev will know YOUR sufficiency in the midst of her great needs. I thank You that NOTHING is too difficult for You. We call on YOUR FAITHFULNESS in this hour. God we continue to trust Your sovereignty, Your love, and Your care for her. In Jesus most precious and powerful name we pray.
Bev, our hearts are filled with love and expectation of what our God will do in you and through you! Love you much!
Kristen W

fuzzytop 5/13/2009  

Dear Bev,

I'll be praying...

Love,
Adrienne

Mary Lou 5/13/2009  

Sweet, dear Bev...woke up praying for you. I will pray as you ask, as will all who read this. I do want to tell you,God has been glorified in this trial in your life so far and He will continue to do so because that is the desire of your heart. He will be there watching over you and many of us will be praying. Be still and know that He is God...He is being the lifter of your head and your shield. Please don't make light of your trials,you keep saying others have gone thru more, maybe they have but this is big for you and it's not a small thing It is big enough. He is refining you and making you reflect Him so beautifully. Watching and praying, Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous 5/13/2009  

I came over here this morning hoping you had posted. I prayed earlier for you to have the peace that only He can give, throughout the day and a good night's rest. Your heart is set on Him--you were wearing Christ so purely this morning in your voice. I pray He is ever present through the wait and this day. I'll talk and pray with you soon. Love you, Annette

Anonymous 5/13/2009  

And I will post an update for you, if you like. Love, Annette

Sylvia V. 5/13/2009  

Precious Bev,
You are in my prayers for continued God's amazing Grace and Mercy as I have seen in your writings the Peace is bestowing on you as you walk through this horrible storm. I am so grateful for the words God has given you to share with the blog world that we can know one more person who is depending on Christ and the Cross to carry us through the most difficult of times. Again thank you for blessing me today with the words and ability God has given you to write.
May God receive all the Glory.
Your siesta,
Sylvia V.
Jersey Village, TX

Dee 5/13/2009  

Father, in the Name of Jesus, I offer my prayer of thanksgiving for my precious sister, Bev. You are the Lifter Up of our heads. Thank you. I ask that Your peace surround her on every side. I ask for Your lingering presence around her, and the comfort of Your touch on her life. Thank you for Bev's testimony through this trial. We trust You, Father, because Your love never fails. Your compassions are new every morning. Comfort and encourage her I ask of You, Father.
Amen
With love to you,
Deidra

Michelle V 5/13/2009  

I'm praying for you, Bev, and I know God will be there with you!

Blessings
Michelle

Anonymous 5/13/2009  

Dearest Beverly-
Lord, bless Beverly with You-Your presence-Your Jehovah Shaomness...Your Peace....I thank you God that You are Jehovah Shammah-You...You are with her...You will never leave her..I thank You, God for Your tangible, breathable presence in every circumstance that Beverly faces today and tomorrow and each day. I thank You that You hold her...that You instruct all of the medical persons attending to her and that because Beverly is Your child, her angels ALWAYS behold Your face. God, thank you so much for you goodness that Beverly sees today...that she sees it tomorrow. I thank you that You are enough...that You are more than enough....I thank You for surrounding Beverly with songs of deliverance at every turn. I agree with Beverly and the other saints who are praying on her behalf. Thank you for immersing Beverly in your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.
I love you, Beverly. We pray for you daily.
Sarah D. and the LCCS family

God's Girl 5/13/2009  

Oh dear God who sits on the Throne,
I pray for my sweet sister Bev right now and I would ask that You would be her ever present help in time of need. Would You be her strength? Would You give her Your peace as she goes into surgery and when she comes out? Would You be there to comfort her and to calm any anxiety that would naturally want to come in? Oh, Lord... I ask that You would heal her body. I pray that Bev would see You and know you even more intimately because of what she is going through. May this bring glory and honor to Your Name, Jesus.

Thank You, Father, for linking us together through blog land.

In Jesus' precious Name we pray....
Amen!

: )
Love to you!

Julie

Holly 5/13/2009  

Praying for you, dear one. Of course I will update to let the Siestas know how your are.

I love you so much and thank God every time I think of you--and that's often, my friend.

Father, be Bev's dwelling place...the place where her heart and mind and spirit are firmly fixed. May no efforts of the enemy be in the least bit effective. May Bev be fully filled with joy and hope and healing, Father. Trusting her to You!
Love,
Holly

Patty 5/13/2009  

Bev,
I am praying for you and you haven't left my thoughts or heart!

This morning in my quiet time God gave me a verse for a situation I am in, BUT God led me to share this verse with you too!

In all their distress he too was distressed , and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. Is. 63:9 (NIV)

OR in the NLT

In all their suffering he also suffered, and he personally rescued them . In his love and mercy he redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years.

Love you!
Patty

ocean mommy 5/13/2009  

Dear Bev,

Much love and many prayers sweet friend. I will be praying in the morning for you as you walk this next part of the journey.

Love you my friend,
steph.

Laura 5/13/2009  

Sweet Bev,

I have been AWOL from bloggy land for a while and have just been catching up on your journey. Bless you, my friend! I'll keep praying for healing, and for a successful surgery tomorrow.

Sending love,
Laura

Nise' 5/13/2009  

Will be praying for your tomorrow morning! Praising Him for the help your nutrition oncologist was able to provide.

Anna Ross 5/13/2009  

Your surgery is on my calendar.

You are loved!

Karen 5/13/2009  

absolutely praying for you...tonight and tomorrow. My verse for these past days has been Psalm 143:1,8 O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy. In Your faithfulness and righteousness, come to my relief. Let the morning bring word of Your unfailing love FOR I HAVE PUT MY TRUST IN YOU. Show me the way that I should go, for to You I lift my soul.

He is holding you close and I know He loves you. He WILL satisfy your needs and WILL strengthen your frame. (last times memory verse!)

love you,
karen

Bobbie 5/13/2009  

Am praying and will be in the morning also. I pray that you will feel the comfort and warmth of God's loving arms around you tonight, for a peaceful sleep and tomorrow as you go to the hospital.

God's blessings to you and your family!!

In His love, Bobbie

Angela Baylis 5/13/2009  

Another friend up here in Michigan on my knees for you! I'm going to pray that you surrender to Him tonight as your head hits the pillow, feel His peace and sleep like a baby! I couldn't even think of my memory verse just now to share it with you. Oh yes, it's the very familiar verse to you... Jer 29:11. For I know the plans I have for you", declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future. The one thing I know that I know that I know that I know is... that you will give HIM all of the glory! I'm praying your faith grows even more tonight and tomorrow!
Love you,
Angie xoxo

Rhonda 5/13/2009  

Will be praying for you tomorrow & in the days to come. He is faithful:)

Lisa Smith 5/13/2009  

praying...even now, praying.

Angela 5/13/2009  

Love you Miss Bev! Praying for you (so are all my Bible Study gals at CityView Church!!) May God be glorified as He does a good work in you tomorrow! I pray peace over you that speaks volumes about our good God to each doctor and nurse you come into contact with!
Much love!
angela

Profbaugh 5/14/2009  

Bev,

Just adding to the list of prayer warriors here. Got you back on this one my Siesta, but seriously God's got this one covered! May you experience His perfect peace and rest in His strength.

Love,
~Chery

Anonymous 5/14/2009  

Bev,
Know that I am praying for you and family especially Brooke as she is so far away from you but we serve a Big God who is our true peace and comfort. I pray for the doctors and surgeons to have wisdom from God as well as God will be guiding their hands in this surgery..

Angela Baylis 5/14/2009  

Praying... xoxo

Mary Lou 5/14/2009  

Have prayed and will be praying and looking for updates on Annette or Holly's site. May you have felt His presence and His strong right hand holding yours.Have prayed for the surgeons and all involved to be at the top of thier game and on thier toes to take the very best of care of you. May His presence flood the operating room and the recovery room and be with you as you go home. Love Mary Lou

annie's eyes 5/14/2009  

Last night and early this morning, I prayed as Karen did, "Let the morning bring word of your unfailing Love" and "joy cometh." You're on my heart this morning, set aside for prayers for you. When you read these beautiful prayers, I pray you will know the buoyancy of His unfailing love and peace. He is ever before you. Love, Annette

Yolanda 5/14/2009  

My scripture memory verse for the 15th is so fitting as Jesus comes to sit at your bedside.


"God told them, 'I will never quit loving you and never have. Expect love, love and more love!'" Jeremiah 31:3 MSG

Praying and loving.....Yolanda

jennyhope 5/14/2009  

Bev, I am in NC right now and was behind. I was on my face this morning for you anyway. I love how God put you on my heart. I love you so much and i am praying.
You mean so much to me!! Please text me at some point because when I swapped phones I lost my numbers. Only when you get better.

annie's eyes 5/14/2009  

Just heard from Bev and she did well during the surgery, which was this morning from 7:30 to 9:30 as expected. She sounded strong and is now home. Thanks be to God! I know she'd appreciate your continued prayers for healing.

Annette

lori 5/14/2009  

Praying for you

twinkle 5/14/2009  

Oooh, I know you are in pain. But I am so glad you over this surgery and back home! You know we are all praying for you and sending you lots of love. Rest up. Don't fret over anything. Just rest and be thankful for what has been put behind you...and hopeful about what lies before you.

When a farmer plants a "seed," he knows the rest is up to God. The rain, the sunlight, the soil and the plan. God will be faithful to do His part in your care.

Love and hugs to you and many thanks to the ones who worked so hard for you today!

Tishira Brown 5/15/2009  

Just wanting you to know you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know God will lift you up and wrap His loving arms around you.

God bless you and your family.

Love in Jesus Christ,
Tishira

Mary Lou 5/16/2009  

Bev, when I was checking the memory verse board of Siesta's to make sure that mine had gotten posted...there was your sweet name and your next verse. That blessed my heart to no end. Praying for your recovery and a beautiful prognosis. May He be the lifter of your head today and may His peace flow over you like a beautiful calm river. He is being glorified thru your life. Love, Mary Lou

JeanMac 5/16/2009  

Sending love to you and prayer to Him.

Sharon Brumfield 5/16/2009  

Wondering how you are doing? Not sure who the women are who you asked to keep us updated but I will try to find them in the sidebar...maybe there is something on their blogs.
Praying for you and yours.

cindie 5/17/2009  

Praying for a quick recovery and God's healing hands on your body. I pray that you will feel His peace and the love that is pouring through to you.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008