Sunday, September 7, 2008

Monday Morning Cover to Cover

Somewhere on the Goat Farm, I lost my whole week of writing notes on our chronological readings. If I had done it on paper, I could say the goats ate it; however, I think Dell ate it all up. It has disappeared right off of my computer screen forever. No way I can duplicate it.

So, I'll share with you from my heart what lingers with me from last week's chronological readings. Daniel 9:20 I will long remember. "While I was speaking and praying and confessing my sin and presenting my plea before His Holy Hill," the LORD said to me through Daniel 9:22 "Oh, I have now come out to give you INSIGHT and UNDERSTANDING. I was so moved by Daniel's decision to come before His Lord three times each day. Come to the window that faces Jerusalem. And Daniel found his God there.

I am profoundly marked by Daniel's story. Last week is now a blur but it was one of the hardest weeks for me, right up there with my "Top 10" hardest weeks ever. I went to Him, not to any man ... and God so showed up for me! Yes, He came to give insight and understanding and it was not in the ways I imagined. Silly me for scripting what I think should happen. Sovereign God working through His ways, not my ways.

When I read the next verse, Daniel 9:23, you could have heard me gasp on the Goat Farm as I sat watching the goats feast on their dinner. Every time I gasped or sobbed, they would stare. And Truth settled deep into my heart, Psalm 51:6. "At the beginning of your pleas for mercy, a word went out. And I have come to tell you for you are greatly loved." I have struggled my whole life with feelings of worthlessness. My beautiful God has so invaded my mess and I know that I know that I know that I am greatly loved. And once again, my beautiful LORD came to me in that moment with a word for I AM greatly Loved and so are you!

And there was one other verse that just jumped right off the pages. Psalm 126. Amazing to think something written so very long ago was written for me this very week of my life. God has brought me home and I am like a woman who dreams. I have a dream deep in my new heart. My mouth is filled with laughter I’ve cried many tears in the past 3 weeks, but those who sow in tears will reap in joy and my heart is so full of unexplainable joy. Only God could have shifted my sorrow-filled heart. So grateful to our good sovereign God for bringing us here! The LORD has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!!!!

7 comments:

Lynn - JnL4God 9/08/2008  

Bev,
I am sure you will look back at this time with great joy someday, because it is yet another growing point in your life. Remind me of that when I whine in 5 yrs on my move. :) You did great with out your notes. Great points that you remembered. My post is up this week after two weeks of not. Glad you're in your new home.
Hugs,
Lynn

Nise' 9/08/2008  

Glad that you are in your new home and pray that you will settle in quickly. I was moved and felt those words personally "you are greatly loved". How awesome it is!!

Karen 9/08/2008  

I love how God uses His Word to draw us to Him. I am constantly surprised at how something written so long ago was also written for me in this very moment. (I don't know why this surprises me. You'd think I'd be used to it by now!) I am praying for you on your new adventure. Your new church family is going to be so blessed!

love,
karen

Anonymous 9/08/2008  

Such beautiful truths in this week's dramatic Scriptures. And yet the one that affects me the most is still His most consistent word that He comes to tell us that we are greatly loved.

Your insights are always straight from your heart with His Handprint all over it.

Love you so,
Annette

Angela Baylis 9/09/2008  

Dear Bev,
You are GREATLY loved, especially by this friend in Michigan. I loved Psalm 126 and that's exactly the verse I wrote about for this week. It keeps coming up so I think I better start listening! I hope you are settling in to your new home and life there!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Michelle V 9/09/2008  

Bev,

I also love Daniel 9 and Daniel's prayer and the fact that God answered as soon as he began praying. OH I love the book of Daniel!!!!

Blessings
Michelle

Mary Lou 9/09/2008  

Bev, I thought I left a msg on here yesterday, but it doesn't appear. Don't know what I did wrong.
I am so thankful that God met you and has ministered to you in such a mighty way. He has ministered to me greatly in just the last twenty four hours. The Psalms are just about my favorite book in the Bible. It is such a beautiful gift that He has given us that was written so very long ago and is still so very applicable to our lives today. Blessings on you and thank you for sharing what He is doing for you and will be doing thru you. Love, Mary Lou

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008