Sunday, March 23, 2008

Learning to Live in the Present Moment

TUESDAY UPDATE: I am up for just a moment to say that I made it back home to Fort Worth pretty well in a wheelchair all the way--I felt 90 years old. I just sobbed on the plane and people didn't quite know what to do with me. I still have severe back and now it is chest pains too and weakness all over, and swelling from my head to my feet, and can't even stand up alone real well at all. This is so scary to me as there is something really wrong with my body. I leave for the doctor in an hour. Will post back here when I can. I really can't go to anyone's blog or read anything, I'm just too weak. I wish I could, but I'll be back. Please pray for me that I recover quickly and they find out what this is. Thanks so much, Bev

I am here for just a few minutes to wish you a Happy Easter. Blogland has meant so very much to me. My beautiful God has really used you in my life as I am learning to better live in the present and see the Face and Hand of my God as I wrestle through deep issues in my life. In C.S. Lewis's "The Last Battle," one of the ending scenes is where a group of dwarves are huddled together tightly around Aslan, thinking they are in a pitch black stable with him. But the truth is that they are in a meadowside of endless green grassy countryside (just like the Napa countryside meadow where I stood this very day). They have no idea where they are. The dwarves are kneeling in a circle around the lion, burying their hands and faces in his mane as he stooped his great head to touch them with his tongue, Aslan offers them wine and they think it is ditch water. Aslan offers them great food and they think it is offal. This story so speaks to me this Easter as I open my eyes to really see all that my good and sovereign and beautiful God has done for me these past two years. All that He offers. My love has been lost sometimes in my fears but no more. "Perfect Love casts out fear." I John 4:18. My prayer for each of you this Easter as the stone has been rolled away and they have witnessed what He has done leaving his folded garments which symbolized to them---"it is done." The battle has been won that we enter even this day. Oh my goodness! My prayer is Eph 1:17-19, may He open the eyes of your heart to see things as He does---all that He is doing in your life.

I am at a destination wedding in California and trying to get back to Fort Worth. I was able to attend the wedding, set in a Napa Valley countryside meadow, much like in the story of The Last Battle. That's what made that story come alive for me. Please pray for me. As you know, I broke my toe last week and then pulled a muscle in my back as I was dodging a flying object in my kitchen. I have suffered greatly with my back on this trip. Now I have chest pains too. I have tried for the past four days to put up a post but couldn't do it nor could I make it to any blog.

It's my nephew's wedding---my sister's youngest boy--- and he is a doctor and so I have been taken care of well. But, I can barely walk. Literally. There is something that has gone very wrong with me. I really need your prayers that I am able to make it home tomorrow on an afternoon flight. My back pain has increased every day and it is some of the most uncomfortable feelings I have known. I need to end here as I got up for just a few minutes as I have wanted so much to wish each of you Happy Easter on Resurrection Sunday to those of you who have been so very kind to me, the hands and fingers of God in my life these past few months. Thank you for allowing the beautiful God in you to rise up to bless me and encourage me and stir me on. I have so much hope in my heart tonight even in the midst of all that is going on with Bob and me. And I know that is God! May we all have eyes to see tonight what He is offering to each of us this Resurrection Sunday.

If I am not able to post for the Monday Morning post which I don't think I will be able to do, you know why. Go ahead and post your comments on your blog. I'll get one up as soon as I can. I know what I want to say.

May God's perfect love cast out fear. May the love that we have for our husbands, our children, our ministries not be lost in fear, anxiety, or power struggles.

Learning to Live in the Present Moment with you and listen to Him and to what's happening in my inner world,
Much Love to each of you, Happy Easter! He is alive in you and me! So moved by that stone being rolled away! Bev

17 comments:

Jean 3/23/2008  

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

Bev, I have thought about you all weekend and prayed for you, but I did not know your back was still hurting, so I'm sorry my prayers were not "pain" related!!!! I will change that tonight!

I love the above verse and I think it captures your spirit so beautifully. It's not really meant to address your physical pain....I just read it while searching for something else and decided it was you!

I will be praying for you.

Mary Lou 3/24/2008  

Bev, I too have thought of you much and wondered how you were doing. Glad to hear you made it to the wedding but so sorry about the back pain. I pulled mine last summer when we were out of town and used the Icy/Hot patches at night and they helped tremendously and then got a muscle relaxer when I got home almost a week later. I was blessed by your post. Appears He rolled some stones away in your heart the last week. He has rolled some away in mine and I still have some to go, but I know He's on the other side of them and that gives me the hope to press on. He inhabits the praises of His people. Looking forward to your Cover to Cover whenever you are able to get it up. May He meet you each step of the way and heal you in every way.

Shonda 3/24/2008  

Bev,
I'm praying for your well-being and travel this morning. I look forward to hearing from you when you return home.

Blessings in Christ-

BethAnne 3/24/2008  

Praying for your foot and that you had a MOST BLESSED EASTER. Left you a note on my blog....

Fran 3/24/2008  

Hey sweet darling!!!

I've got you covered in prayer. You have a big piece of this girls heart. I hope you get home safely and are still feeling the presence of our Ressurected Savior!!

Blessings and hugs~
Fran

Julie 3/24/2008  

Bev,
I am so sorry that you are dealing with these physical elements. It is draining and sometimes makes hanging on to life a bit harder. I have prayed for you.

You have such a beautiful heart.....it radiates Him.

Love,
Julie
By the way, I had to move my blog to a new web address. So when you click on my name here you will be taken to the new blog. If you can't find me for some reason on the new blog, I left a link on the old blog.

the new blog address is:
jewelsightings.blogspot.com

Susan 3/24/2008  

Hey Sweet Bev. Praying your back and foot are healed quickly! Missing you!
Love ya.
Susan

TeriAnnElizabeth 3/24/2008  

Bev,

May HE show you HIS tenderness and love as the HEALER of the pains in our bodies and the fear in our hearts.

You take time to get rest that you need.

I am praying HE is so real to you during this time you can almost reach out and touch the hem of that precious garment.

Love and prayers covering you,
Teri

Alana 3/24/2008  

Happy Easter, Bev! I hope you are able to make it home without much pain. I will be praying. Maybe you should consider seeing a chiropractor? I need to post about my experience, but I have been amazingly surprised by how much it has helped me!

Love ya!

Laura 3/24/2008  

Bev, I have soo been wondering about you, ladybug! I've been praying that your absence from bloggy land was due to something pleasant, like a vacation. I pray your back will be healed, Dear One! I am so sorry that you are suffering this way. I have missed you!
Praying...
Laura

Denise 3/24/2008  

Bev....... I will pray... back trouble is no fun as I have learned the past few months... take care and rest......

I love the post today.... I need to come here more often.... maybe life will slow down a bit.......

hugs

Holly 3/25/2008  

Praying for you, my friend!

With much love,
holly

PS I will call during the kids' rest time one day this week--it's spirng break, so I want to call when I can hear you :)

connorcolesmom 3/25/2008  

Bev,
I have had you on my heart and have been praying for you constantly!
Please keep me informed
God bless,
Kim

Kristin 3/25/2008  

Hi Bev. Just dropped by and I will definetely be praying for you. For quick healing and wisdom for your doctor and peace in your heart. I didn't get to e-mail you again before your trip, but I wanted to tell you that the Napa Valley is to me a little bit of what heaven must be like. I think it is so beautiful there. We will be there in June for a wedding also. I hope you got to enjoy God's beauty while you were there even in the midst of your terrible pain. I love you friend ~ Kristin

Ashley 3/26/2008  

Ditto to what everybody else said!

You are being covered in prayer at this time! :)

jen 3/26/2008  

Bev my girl, I am praying earnestly for you! I stepped away from blog land for a while, but you were never far from my thoughts and prayers. I will be praying you up sweet woman.

He Knows My Name 3/26/2008  

praying for you dear one. ~janel

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008