Monday, October 22, 2007

Believing With You Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast

It has been such an accumulation of life over the weekend, I can't even explain it...a lifelong dream dashed, an annoying blog hostage, a hope halted, a self worth shaken, a friend's phone call of their brother's unexpected death...

I asked Bob what he thought our good God was saying in the midst... and he pulled out the book he is reading, Shattered Dreams, and said, this is for you, Bev...
"Trusting God is dangerous business UNLESS we are trusting Him for what He has promised to provide." Or, is it for what I want Him to provide in midst of lost dreams and screaming silence and shaken confidence.

Bob went on to say that what had just happened to us in 24 hours made him think about what he was reading by Larry Crabb... we both need to remember what brokenness is..."it is the awareness that you long to be someone you are not and cannot be without Divine help..."
And my mind went to the quote from Beth Moore last weekend that I need to cease rehearsing my complaints and start remembering that the battle is not mine, it is the LORD's...Psalm 31:1-4 "Many are saying of me, 'God will not deliver him.' Selah. But you are a shield around me, O LORD, you bestow glory on me and You lift up my head. To the LORD I cried and he answers me from his holy hill."
So, to the Lifter of my Head, I am ceasing the rehearsing of the complaints and starting off this week praising You. II Chron. 20:12 - "We don't have the power and we do not know what to do but our eyes are on You."

II Chron 20: 15-18 - don't be discouraged for the battle is the Lord's not yours...march down...you will not have to fight...plant your feet, stand firm and the Lifter of your Head will win the battle on your behalf...see the deliverance your God will give you...oh my goodness...do not be afraid, do not be discouraged...face them and the Lord will be with you.

Remember Alice in Wonderland? Alice said: "There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things." And the Queen replied: "I daresay you haven't had much practice. When I was younger, I practiced for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

12 comments:

Little Steps Of Faith 10/22/2007  

What a perfect way to end that:)

I LOVE " Alice In Wonderland":)

Be Blessed:)

Angie

Holly 10/22/2007  

Great quote...now to think of six impossible things...I shall think of them and ASK our BIG GOD for them.

Love and prayres to you today, Friend!

Lindsee Lou 10/22/2007  

Hoping this week is a littl better for you. And, still praying!!

Linds

Jenny 10/23/2007  

I love that Alice in Wonderland quote! Thanks for sharing your heart with us!

jen 10/23/2007  

LOVE this post. Good stuff.

Kristin 10/23/2007  

Love the Alice and Wonderland quote. It's good to hear from you..sorry it's not good news. I have been praying as I could tell from your comments on other blogs that things were rough right now. Praying for Him to guard your heart and your mind and for peace that passes understanding.
In Him ~ Kristin

Holly 10/24/2007  

Elvis pictures posted :)

Love you Friend! Praying for a Blessed Day :)

Toknowhim 10/25/2007  

Bev,

There is some spiritual meat in this post. I think I may have to copy and paste a couple of those quotes from your hubby's book, and Larry Crabb (I love Larry Crabb!). I know that many will be encouraged through your struggles. Blessings!!!

connorcolesmom 10/25/2007  

Wow 6 impossible things before breakfast. Isn't that what God wants us to do - believe Him for all things possible and impossible. Because NOTHING is impossible for Him!
Love you,
Kim

Patriot 10/25/2007  

GREAT post - thank you for the encouragement!

Just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a giveaway - come check it out! Thanks!

AbbyLane 10/25/2007  

thanks...i needed to see that quote today :)

ps...your first comment last week did go through...i think it's like 3 up from your second one...hahaha...but i like having multiple "bev brandon" s on my page so it's ok ;)

hope you're awesome!! :)

jennyhope 11/10/2007  

I love your heart bev! You are such an encouragement to me...you have no idea.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008