Friday, March 20, 2009

You Made a Difference in the Life of A Child

This is the orphanage where Brooke volunteers. This orphanage has a sponsorship program to support orphans to be able to go to school and live with extended family or friends. With the money Britt raised, he was able to sponsor the five children in the photo above for this coming school year (right now is summer break in Thailand). Britt is hoping that he can raise the remaining $400 for the last two orphans who need money to attend school for the year. Let me know if you know of anyone who still wants to send $10 or any donation to help sponsor the last two girls.
Day 8 Brooke wrote on her blog:
T-SHIRTS, TOYS, AND TUITION
"Next we drove about 2 hours away from my house up into the mountains. We went to a tribal village to give out new t-shirts, toys, and snacks to the kids. It was a really fun time. They were soooo grateful for everything. It was a huge blessing for them all to have a new shirt to wear and they loved the Double Bubble gum and DumDum suckers from the States. Britt taught the village kids how to hold and throw an American football, how to jump rope, and how to play Frisbee."





"It was incredible to see their faces light up as they were introduced to new fun games.
I'm so glad Britt was able to see the faces and hear the laughs of these children," wrote Brookie.
And this mom is so grateful to each of you who gave money to send an orphan to school, to provide a t-shirt, and to send footballs and frisbees and food with Britt to a land far away that we will hold very close to our hearts.
A $$THOUSAND$$ Thanks for the part you played in showing God's Love to these children who live in poverty. You have given them hope for a better future. You've left a mark on their little lives. And we cannot thank you enough.
"Anyone who welcomes a little child like this
on My behalf welcomes Me,
and anyone who welcomes Me
welcomes not only Me but also my Father who sent Me." Mark 9:37

4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield 3/20/2009  

Thanks so much for sending that email along so that I could come and catch up.
Wow!....Your young man is going to come home with some awesome memories. And yes, I pray with a heart that will never be the same.
What a blessing God gave him with this trip.
Such precious people....we have been especially blessed by God to be able to touch their lives. May they come to know the one who loves them so!
I have enjoyed reading down through the post...what incredible pictures. They will help Britt never forget.

Lindsee Lou 3/20/2009  

Throughout each of these posts, all I keep thinking is, "You've raised some mighty fine, godly kids!" Good job, mama! I know you are so proud!

Toknowhim 3/25/2009  

Sweet Bev..

I just put up a post on a Christian movie that is coming out on Friday... I am encouraging all to go see it if it is playing in their movie theaters... A did a tiny write up about it on my bloggy..

Blessings, Kim

Laura 4/08/2009  

You must be so proud of your children, Bev. they are such caring and godly kids!

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008