Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Floating Huts and Ele-phants

Day 3
Britt had the awesome opportunity to attend Grace International School today and even go to their workouts. So neat to hear him on my cell last night---half a world away, yet it sounds like he's around the corner. I hope that what he sees will stir his heart ---cause nothing else is worth as much as a disrupted heart.
Day 4
Brookie said it must have been her tenth trip to the Elephant Camp. Britt met up with his high school buddies who are also in Chiang-Mai on a mission trip...here's what Brookie wrote:
"Elephant slobber all over you as they search your pockets for more bananas. Elephants playing soccer. Elephant babies that are absolutely adorable. Elephants that can paint a picture! And the list goes on. I love being with people that get to experience this for the first time. You'll see some fun pics below. The first few are our lunch stop on a lake. The floating huts are my favorite. :) We tried to ride the paddle boats but they said Americans weren't allowed (today at least) because we may sink the boats."







I'm so grateful for Britt to have this amazing opportunity to be out of his comfort zone and to see such need in so many for light and love. It's so good for our kids to see a world bigger than their own little world and its concerns. So good for them to offer hope to others. There's so much more to life than just our world. Life truly is not about "me."

2 comments:

connorcolesmom 3/18/2009  

LOL love the pic of Britt and the elephant's trunk around his neck
Made me laugh
What an awesome opportunity!
Love you BEV!!!
Miss you
Kim

Alana 3/19/2009  

Wow! What an adventure! All the pics are just wonderful!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008