Thursday, March 19, 2009

2K Zipline Ride through the Rainforest

Brooke's post today took this mom's breath away. Oh my!

Here's what she wrote:
Day 6
This morning began a little after 5 am. Britt and I woke up early to meet the high school volunteer team from Fort Worth. We had a devotion time at the base of a waterfall up on a mountain that overlooks Chiang Mai. The students were able to see that every morning (way before most of them wake up) people begin making offerings. We were able to see monks walk down the mountain toward the city for this morning ritual. People from all different walks of life offer food to them each day in order to receive a blessing in return.

Next part of the morning was at the temple on top of the mountain. A few of our Thai friends who went with us, explained what they were doing as they lit candles, brought flowers, walked around the pagoda, etc. Every time I visit this place, I am reminded of Truth. I am reminded that He is not housed in a temple built by human hands. I am reminded that He does not sleep, but is alive and working in the hearts of those around us.
The afternoon was a fun brother-sister bonding trip! :) We went on an excursion called The Flight of the Gibbon. We ziplined for 2 kilometers through the treetops of the rainforest. As long as you didn't look down (realizing how crazy high we were) it was easy as pie and so fun! (And this mom wants to know----do they do safety inspections??)
(I'm so glad to see my son on solid ground. Whew! Took my breath away!)

Brooke continued: Tomorrow we are going to the orphanage called Baan Kingkaew to donate the money Britt raised to send students to school for one year. Then we will be going out to a hill tribe to play with the kids. This was another fundraiser that Britt did at his school that will provide them with new t-shirts, toys and American candy! :) I pray we will be a blessing to these children and be able to share the hope that is in us.

This is Bev writing: So come back tomorrow to see the pictures of the orphans receiving the money that so many of you sent. I believe Britt raised enough money for six of the seven orphans to attend school. Come back and see the hill tribe children receiving t-shirts and toys that have been provided by so many of you! You have thrilled us so much by giving to people you don't even know! Their lives will be touched deeply because you cared.

3 comments:

beckyjomama 3/20/2009  

Looks like they are having a BLAST - you must be one proud mama! Love the pics, but more importantly, love the hearts that took them there in the first place. So awesome!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend 3/28/2009  

I am so glad that I found your blog. I remember you from Beths blog.

I am a new blogger, so stop by for a visit.

I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.

I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.
From the comments I have already received, it appears to be something a little different.
I have been so touched by the comments.

I really do want to bless people!!!
I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be late afternoon on Saturday...wow that's tomorrow!

Anonymous 4/14/2009  

Oi, sou o Clausewitz e gostaria de convidar você para visitar meu Blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008