Tuesday, April 8, 2008

He is the Lifter of My Head

UPDATE: I was all dressed for a potential job interview this morning for a teaching position. I even took off from my regular sub job and lost that pay for today. I called before I went to hear that the job was filled. My cell is broken and voice mail doesn't register right away so I missed their call to come yesterday. It's the third job with our local public school district that has fallen through for me. Three jobs slipped through my fingers. Disappointing to say the least. So, I lift up my head...and ask for your prayers for jobs real soon.

A couple of years ago, my husband lost his ministry position and I went through the hardest season of my life ever. Major meltdown. I couldn't physically stop what happened to my body as the depression sidelined me. I had been an overcomer my whole Christian life or so I thought. It was as though God was bringing me to the end of myself.

I held fast to HIM who holds our lives together. I listened long for His Voice. And I heard it over and over again even as I grew physically weaker. One thing God did was to speak the same verses to me over and over from surprising directions. He's still doing it. Psalm 3:3 was a verse that my beautiful God gave me during that time---- that HE is the lifter of my head. And when I thought I could lift my head no more from the depression, He lifted it for me. And then He sent people to tell me that He was the lifter of my head.

I remember a dear friend in our Daniel study asking our Beth Moore Bible Study to come pray for her healing as she was diagnosed with cancer. We got on our faces with and for our precious friend's life. And, I remember thinking to myself, unless you lift my head, I don't know how I will make it either, God. As we walked to the door to leave, Lori's parting words to me were this: "HE is the lifter of your head, Bev." Her words fell deep in my soul as I sobbed on the drive home praising HIM for what only HE could do in my life. And He did! He lifted my head!

And it happened again and again that I would hear that verse or someone would say it to me. Many of you know that I have been sick these past weeks with my kidneys shutting down. My husband is out of work, waiting on another construction contract to come in, picking up odd jobs. When I got back on my feet, I realized how behind I am in finding my own job along with things undone. As I read the story of Gideon, I asked my beautiful God if HE would speak to me and let me know that He is near.

Someone, whom I don't know, was walking out of the door of a conference and turned around and came back inside, walked right up to me, and said that she was so impressed to approach me and tell me this: "The Lord wants me to tell you that HE is near to you." It was such a sweet moment of His Presence for me.

Then, yesterday, I received a note in snail mail from a blogger named Mary Lou, my new friend. She wrote: "I have no idea why He has impressed me to write you and you probably won't either, but I am obeying." Mary Lou shared precious thoughts with me from her own walk. It was kindness well received. Not sure why she wrote, really. That is, until she signed her name:
Mary Lou, Psalm 3:3 "He is the lifter of your head"

There are 31,240 verses and she chose the one that would fall deep in the recesses of my heart. Matthew 10:20 says that God will give you the words to speak. Just keep walking with HIM. Don't seek great things for yourself - Jer. 45:5. Don't try to find the words yourself. You really can't. Let HIM speak through you.

So what is God saying to you right now? Share with us. We'd love to hear His words to you.

14 comments:

Alana 4/08/2008  

I think it is so cool when God speaks to us in surprising ways ;-)

He's speaking to me right now John 8:31-32.

Denise 4/08/2008  

Oh I love that scripture..... there have been times in my life that He had to lift my head..... Life is heavy sometimes.......Yesterday He taught me about life under dead leaves.......... I posted on it today........ He is such a perfect teacher.........

Unknown 4/08/2008  

Bev,
That is so encouraging.
I have been praying for you. My computer was broken for a while and I just got it back...so I am able to comment again!

I'm so sorry you were so sick! I am glad you are feeling better!

This post was really what I needed to hear!
Thank you!
Teri

Angela Baylis 4/09/2008  

I was at a Beth Moore conference last June and Beth had a volunteer go up on the stage and she knelt down. Beth said those exact words as she lifted her chin up. I get the chills thinking back to that vision. He really is the lifter of your head, Bev! I had skipped reading chapters 19 & 20 of last weeks readings and finally got the chance to read it this morning. I said another prayer for you this morning. What would we do without Jesus? I'm so grateful that YOU know He is the Only One able to lift your head! I'm crying as I type this.
Much love to you today!
Angie xoxo

BethAnne 4/09/2008  

Want to hear how the Lord is speaking to me? Through you!
I have been thinking about this phrase ever since sunday morning. Our choir sang a song that repeated those words "He is the lifter of my head". I dont know the name of the song and have never even heard it before Sunday, but it has made me think. So, when I clicked on your blog and saw the title of this post, it took me by surprise. I suppose I will always be surprised when God shows me the same things over and over .....I wonder what He's up to? hahahhahaa

Fran 4/09/2008  

He's telling me to walk by faith and not by sight. (2 Corin. 5:7)

It can be well within my soul despite the circumstances that I am in. Being goverened by these circumstances is walking by sight.

keep walking by faith sweet Bev. You might not know where you are going or see the path before you, but let Him lead the way!!

Much love to ya friend! Big hugs coming your way.
Fran

Mary Lou 4/09/2008  

Bev, I am so thankful that I obeyed. I had written one card earlier in the week and thought better of it and tore it up. Then on Friday He impressed on me to write it...and I obeyed. Someone wanted to know the name of the song,if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's Thou O Lord. I believe I'm right. Starts off slow and builds..it is wonderful. He truly has something awesome for you out there, what with the third failed attempt at a job...can't wait to see the outcome. He's already in your tomorrow. He's gone before you. Blessed be His name. Praying as I go... Mary Lou

Laura 4/09/2008  

Dear Bev,
I have been praying earnestly for you, my friend. I am so glad that God has sent you such confirmations of His presence. I love that verse, how encouraging to know that when I am too weak to lift my head, He will do it for me.
I love you, Dear.
Laura

Ashley 4/10/2008  

What's God saying to me now?

"I am a God of timing and I'm in the details. Certain things are kept from you for a reason and a season, my child. Trust me. I am working for your good. Just go with me. Don't spend your time worrying about what you cannot change. Trust me. I have it all planned out."

Praying for you!

Anonymous 4/10/2008  

I stumbled across your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend...(I lost count eventually) but I am SO glad I did. Your words are extremely encouraging. It seems like everytime I need to hear it, God brings a blog, or an article, or a person right across my path to make me smile. You were that person today. Have a blessed day,
-Elizabeth

Anonymous 4/10/2008  

I forgot to say that it seems lately like God has been telling me three simple words:

Don't lose heart.

annette 4/10/2008  

Oh I love reading how God is at work in all of your lives. God is telling me to let go and trust right now. I am the mother hen who can't quite let go, and I so want to know He will take good care. My verse I am claiming is 2 Samuel 22:3 "my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent men you save me." My trust is not in circumstances but in His strength. So thankful for your restored health, Bev, and your always encouraging strength in Him. Love, Annette

Anonymous 4/10/2008  

Before i get on me, you have a marvelous story that God is working out just for you. He is sending you people by using their computers and voices to talk just to you, really from HIM, AND YOUR SPIRIT IS TESTIFYING MY GOD IS SPEAKING TO ME. Oh what sweet communion. Oh what a sweet LORD, who is just watching over your every move.

My lessons now and has been for the last 2 years is TRUST. In the midst of my very deepest pain. He placed me here in this mess that I helped create and I have nowhere else to go but to HIM. I control, coordinate, make things happen. My family life for all intensive purposes came crashing down all around me. I had to take a very hard look at myself. How real was my relationship with Him. I'm still working very hard on turning my everything over to Him.

Secondly, He is speaking to me about denying self, sharing the gospel and doing random acts of kindness and not just when it is easy He is asking me to be open to Him when it is hard. Beth Moore once quipped, but not really, she said, "when you go out to eat and bow your head, you better tip BIG." No quip, that is what we should do. I was given a beautiful cross this year. On the reverse side there is a ruby. So as a take-off from Beth's tone, as I wear this beautiful piece of jewelry I better be worthy of the cross I wear. More, much more than what people see. I want to be worthy right down to the bone.

God's Peace to you Bev!

anna joy 10/12/2008  

this is so encouraging to me right now. thank you for posting and not hiding your struggles :)

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008