Wednesday, October 7, 2026

281 - "No Big People/ No Little People" Matthew 18-20

“Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”  Matthew 18:2.   I wonder if the disciples thought it would be one of them since they left it "all" for Him.  Left their jobs.  Left their families.  Left their children.  Surely!  Yet, they are still raw around the edges in ambition and selfishness and jealousy and the list goes on.  They ask for themselves, don't they?  For their confirmation of their own self worth.  What's the problem here?  What's the problem with me---for I deeply struggle with what others think of me and where I am in my life.  Would my life be validated if I was a flourishing bestseller author and speaker, like a Woman of Faith touring brigade.  Or, if I had one million friends on Twitter.  Or, if I had a church of 10,000 who loved my every bible study word. 

There are no degrees of greatness on earth.  We all wrestle with evil.  We aren't the example----Christ is.  So, why do I still struggle to be somebody?  It could be that my world shouts out to me that I have not arrived nor ever will.  Maybe, it's my own words that I say to myself.  Never the matter, it's not the question to ask.  There are no big people and little people in God's Economy, not in this life even though our world is set up as the bigs and the littles.  

So, what's the point here:  Humble yourself as a child.  Matthew 18:4.

0 comments:

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008