Monday, October 5, 2026

279 - "Five Loaves & Two Fish" Matthew 13-14



Are you listening, really listening?  Jesus told stories to their God-blessed ears and God-blessed eyes.  He repeated the question again and again---are you really listening.  Tell stories.  "Whenever someone has a ready heart, the insights and understandings flow freely" when Jesus told stories (13:12).  Shouldn't we?
Matthew 14
We're here to talk about God and what He's up to in our lives. Our experiences are not the means to find  God---they are the context in which we find God. 

It's the stories that nudge us to a welcome awakening. Matthew 13:13. 
It's my story that has provided the context of knowing God.

We see the rest of the story in this chapter.  John had called Herod's relationship with his sister-in-law what it truly was---adultery.  And it cost him his head.  I'm so "taken" with John in a dungeon and Jesus answering his question that the blind would see, the deaf hear, the lame walk.  But not you, John.  Life is so upside down than what I think at times.   When Jesus learned of his death, He slipped away but was so "taken" with the crowd that gathered that He not only spoke to them but also fed 5,000 from 5 loaves and 2 fish.  


How in the world will I ever find rest for my soul knowing I might be left in a dungeon waiting to be beheaded.  5 Loaves and 2 Fish.  Only God can change my weary worn soul.  Next, a storm comes up at sea....the disciples are panicked.  At 4:00am Jesus walks on water to His Followers.  Take Courage - 14:27.  Makes me think how God never sleeps, never slumbers to watch over us each night.  Only He can walk on water to make us stay alive, come alive.  5 Loaves and 2 Fish.  Would you make each of us a little more alive today than yesterday?

PHOTO: Rockport, Texas. Walking on the shore, thinking about God and how we can even come close to understanding an all-present, all-knowing God. 

0 comments:

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008