Friday, August 15, 2008

Prayer Request!

UPDATE: Oh my, please pray for me...I don't know what is wrong, but I became really sick on Sunday night after coming home from an unbelievably awesome San Antonio weekend, and have not been able to even lift my head off the pillow for four days. Hopefully, soon I can post about it. I am so weak...whatever it is, it has hit me hard. Appreciate your prayers. Bev
We are moving to Austin tomorrow.
Farewell Fort Worth!

I walked into the 7-11 and grabbed a gatorade out of the back cooler. A booming voice blared over the country aisles filled with last-minute groceries. "I have three words for you ma'am." Forget the gatorade, I made a bee-line back to the counter.

Me: Yes sir? What's the 3 words? (I'm thinking---could it be "go to Austin"???)
7-11 Clerk: Gig. 'Em. Aggies. (I had on an Aggie Mom t-shirt)
Me: Oh! I thought maybe you had a word from God for me cause I've been waiting for one.
7-11 Clerk: Okay (with a very confused look on his face).
Me: He didn't tell you anything for me?
7-11 Clerk: Silence... and The Look...

Our beautiful God has given such direction to Bob and me and Britt to go to Austin to be a part of Southwest Hills Community Church. Bob accepted their gracious offer on August 3rd. He will serve the church as their Community Life Pastor. We leave tomorrow the place we have so loved for the past 33 years. I remember the day I arrived in August 1975 to attend Southwestern Seminary which I knew nothing about---nor did I know anyone. Came to follow God's call on my life. God has been so good to me over these past three decades.


















Farewell to our Lake Country school friends where we have been for the past 21 consecutive years as my older three went K-12 and Britt went K-10th. Ben, Andrew, Greg, Ethan and Britt were five faithful friends to Britt since kindergarten. I cannot tell you how much we will miss you and your families! I don't know how we will make it without our LCCS family but we will trust!
Farewell to our friends of many years. We were a part of Hope Church for 27 years and my love runs so deep for so many faces I will hold in my heart forever. We will spend Eternity together!
Farewell to our Home Team who has served and loved and given to us over the past two years. Faithful couples! God offered us much through you!


Farewell to my precious niece and my awesome big sister and her beautiful children.

My sister's family has given me so much love and laughter playing games and going places. I'll cherish my vacation you gave me this summer!
Farewell to my Beth Moore Bible Study girls. I am alive in ways I have never been (and you know exactly what I am talking about!) as we studied God's Word together---Daniel, the Patriarchs, Believing God, Loving Well, Stepping Up, Breaking Free, Fruit of the Spirit, Beloved Disciple. I'll never forget week #6 of the Patriarchs back in January 2006! You all have so brought God to me!
Farewell to my Card Club of 17 years, a beautiful loyal group of women who have lavished God's love on me.
Farewelll to my faithful neighbors and the home that I adore---where my children were born and grew up.

Farewell to our Border Collie who always loved to touch us with her paw. Your caregiver will miss you! Hope we can find you a new home soon that loves you like we do! And farewell to the Club House---we'll chop down what remains of that tree house tomorrow. I can picture 10-year-old Ben and Ethan perched in the treehouse throwing about 20 balls down at Britt and Greg---dodge-the-ball-in-a-treehouse.




Farewell to all my friends who have walked beside me. I'll text you real soon! But you have to send me your cell phone # because my phone broke and I am fresh out of numbers.

I don't know how I am going to walk out of here tomorrow except for one thing---Isaiah 41:13. God will hold my hand and help me! Acts 20:24 says we don't know what will happen where we are going...could be hardships. But we go to finish our race and testify of the Gospel of Grace to people who need Him just like us. IDK but II Chron 20:12 my eyes are on our beautiful God!

And as we have prayed about answering this call, there are a few verses that God has layed in my lap that I'd love to share with you, if you don't mind. I'll leave you with my string of pearls from the Word of my beautiful God Who has wildly loved me during my stay. This I know---He has been so strong and so loving to me!

My God has made the dark valleys we have walked through here in Fort Worth a door of HOPE Hosea 2:15. He will drive our pegs into a firm place for us in Austin Isa. 22:23. WATCH, HOPE, WAIT ON GOD...cause He will hear me in Austin, too Micah 7:7. And when I fall, I will rise again. When I sit in darkness, God will be my Light Micah 7:8. God will take care of us on every side---He's watching my back 2 Chron 32:22. Our valleys will be lifted up and our mountains made low in order that we may know God in Austin Isaiah 40:4. Before we call to Him, He will answer Isaiah 65:24. He brought us out to bring us in Deut 6:23. Just as Ruth arrived in Ruth 2 as the harvest time was beginning, His plans are good to bring us to Himself. Stand up to your feet for I send you Ezek 2:13.

So Britt, Brooke, Blair and Barrett --- you have a new home in Austin. You've made this mom so filled with joy over the choices you've made in this house. But, as you know, our citizenship is in heaven. Keep on laying your treasures up there. And come home soon to visit your new home in Austin! I Love You, Mom And to all my blogging friends, I don't have to say so long. I'll be back on Monday for cover to cover typing from an internet somewhere in Austin! Can't wait until Thursday when I will get to say "hello" to those of you who have touched my heart in deep places. See you next weekend.

With tears freely flowing down my face, Bob and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for bringing God to us in Fort Worth. We put our hands to the plow and accept God's call to enter a new chapter in Austin. Our Phil 3:10 determined purpose is still the same---to know Him more intimately and make Him known.

30 comments:

Holly 8/15/2008  

Now you have made room, my dear, dear friend. Room for MORE of Him. Say HELLO now!! HELLO!!

I cannot wait to see the ways God leads you farther on.

You are loved. You are daily prayed for. You are so DEAR!

The ladies in Austin are in for a real treat of a friend in YOU, Bev.

Praying for your travels.
Love,
holly

Lynn - JnL4God 8/15/2008  

Bev,
My NEW friend, I ache for you and I have tears in my eyes. But what lingers on this is ... You have to let go of the old to take hold of the new. Growing pains hurt, but you have prayed and sought God through this all. Let Him be your comforter.
May you blossom through your faithfulness like you have never known before.
Bless you and I'm praying for your strength.
When my Husband I travel in a few years when we have picked up our home, I will come seek you and you can encourage me too with your victory stories.
With Love,
Lynn

Jean 8/15/2008  

Bev, I've been thinking about you all week and missing you! I know God will continue to richly grow you with roots planted deep in the new soil of Austin! Isn't it marvelous that you don't have to look Him up when you get there....He never leaves your side from Ft. Worth to Austin! What a God!!!!

I read this verse tonight from the Amplified Bible and took it for my kiddies and I share it with you: Rev. 7:17 "For the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will be their Shepherd, and He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Also, I loved this note from the Amplified Bible on Psalm 23:5 "It is difficult for those living in a temperate climate to appreciate, but it was customary in hot climates to anoint the body with oil to protect it from excessive perspiration. When mixed with perfume, the oil imparted a delightfully refreshing and invigorating sensation. Athletes anointed their bodies as a matter of course before running a race. As the body, therefore, anointed with oil was refreshed, invigorated, and better fitted for action, so the Lord would anoint His 'sheep' with the Holy Spirit, Whom oil symbolizes, to fit them to engage more freely in His service and run in the way He directs--in heavenly fellowship with Him."

Love you, Bev.

Love, Jean

Lindsee Lou 8/15/2008  

Wow, Bev! What a tribute to your sweet Fort Worth home of 33 years! I am sure this is a hard move on y'all, but I can totally sense your joy in following God!

Can't wait to hug your neck!

Lindsee

Brooke 8/16/2008  

hey mommy!

today as i was driving home to my apartment i thought about you driving to austin. i've been praying that God would give you and daddy lots of energy and even excitement this next week in the midst of what could be super stressful. i'm looking forward to hearing about what HE has in store for you in this move. i love ya'll!

Mary Lou 8/16/2008  

Bev, no verses from me today....you've covered them all. I will tell you that you have been on my heart all week and I have prayed for you. I prayed as i got out of bed a few minutes ago. I checked your blog all week to see if you had had time to put anything there. Bless you for taking the time to write such a beautiful post to share your beautiful heart with us. You are much loved by people who only know you through what you write, so I can only imagine how much the ones who know you face to face love you. He has gone before you and He will come behind you. The best is yet to be. Praying for your transititon and all the changes. I pray you will not be overwhelmed and things will fall into place and He will make the rough places smooth and the crooked places straight. He is truly doing a new work in your lives. He is going to use all of you greatly. Praying travel mercies for you all. Wish I could see you next week too, but that was not in His plans for me. I will be praying for all of you that get to go to San Antonio. Maybe you can come to Memphis when she is here next year. What a blessing that would be for me, but only God know what we will all be doing next year...maybe we will meet in the air. He is moving the pieces into place. Praying for you as you go. Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous 8/16/2008  

Dear sweet Bev,
I am praying for you this morning especially as you say goodbye. So many emotions grip you at this time. God will see you through each moment of sadness to a new day. I pray this is beginning a new season of joy and ease for you. Where you have gone is simply so far into the arms of God I don't think I can totally grasp. The path God chose was such a tough one and if your life were a book, today would be one of the climaxes of the story when things all start to come together. Thankfully, the true climax of the Christian's story is the day we die as we finally see face to face our Jesus whom we have longed for. He is ever before you, ever catching your tears, hearing your prayers. Bless each of you as you take a new step into His Love and provision. Sing if you can. And renew your hope in Him.

I love you, dear friend.
Annette

Karen 8/16/2008  

Welcome home to a new life and a new adventure, dear sister!

I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. I know that you will be a blessing to the women you come to know and love!

I am praying for you this day as you move to your new home.

love,
karen
(I just wish I could be a part of the welcome wagon waiting to greet you. Some day...)

Claire Walker 8/16/2008  

Bev! As you begin your new life in Austin, and you start to get teary-eyed at the silliest things (trust me, I know the feeling), just picture me doing the LSU fight song for you. Next time I see you I'll do it without hesitation. I love you guys so much and am very excited to hear how the Lord moves in your lives. I am starting a new chapter also in Boone, NC with my soon-to-be husband. It's crazy to live in an apartment all alone without the sound of chick voices and Bev stories, but I know that this is where God has me, so I can rest knowing that He's on my side. I am praying for you and I love you!

Claire
(Hot Boudin, cold cous-cous, come on Tigers, PUSH PUSH PUSH!!)

Unknown 8/16/2008  

God's favor, blessings and traveling mercies be upon you and your family sweet friend! He is up to something new, big and He is going to bless your socks off in Austin. Lots of open country to explore - one of "my girls" from my youth ministry days just moved back from there and she said they just loved the hills in the Buda(SP?) area... Anyway - Love you bunches, will pray for you often and I'll send you an email where my phone is in the signature!

Blessings and see you down South in a week or so!

Michelle V 8/16/2008  

Bev, my heart aches for you right now, and yet, I know you are following God's leading and that He has great plans for you all in Austin! I'm praying for you and your family! Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Blessings
Michelle

Melinda 8/16/2008  

You know, for some reason I've been a lurker on your blog, but have received a word from it more than once! Wanted to let you know that, as a seasoned "mover", God has always been SO FAITHFUL to wave me off from the old house and welcome me home to the new one. I know He'll be right there, smack dab in the middle of beautiful Hill Country, to start growing your roots where He's planting you. You'll look back in a couple of years at blessings you can't even imagine now. Trust me!

And, I'm a little jealous...I'm a Texan born and bred, hoping to make my way to just your neck of the woods when retirement comes to call. This girl and her man have a heart for home!

I'll try to give a shout out a little more often and will have a hug for you next weekend in SA!

Love to you this day,
Melinda

Shonda 8/16/2008  

Bev,
I've been thinking of you all week. And like some of the others been checking the blog for updates. I pray for safe travels and the angels of the Lord go before you making the way clear and safe. I pray for the place He has for you to live in Austin. I'm thankful He has a place for You to serve. I can't imagine what you're dealing with after living in the same place for 33 years. I've lived in the same town for 20 years and this home for 10 years. I told my husband I've always wanted to move away, but do I really? I dream of the day, but I desire God's dreams for me more.

I look forward to meeting you this weekend!! I'll arrive early Friday afternoon for lunch.

God bless you!! Love & blessings!
Shonda

Alana 8/16/2008  

Sweet friend. Sorry I've been such a stranger. I am so thankful for this new chapter in your life, but feeling the loss of closing chapters past. I can't imagine, but I do know from experience that when you follow God in His plan things turn out better than you could have planned yourself! Keep us updated as you can! Sorry I won't get to see you in San Antonio!

Profbaugh 8/17/2008  

Oh Bev,

You are on my heart tonight. I pray that you have safe travel and that God will bless this next chapter of your life.

Can't wait to see you Thursday!!!

((((HUGS))))
Cheryl

Hendrick Family 8/17/2008  

This is so exciting! I love Austin...and love that it's so close to us. Can't wait to see the new life God has waiting for your family in Austin!

Heather

Toknowhim 8/17/2008  

Well my friend,

It seems you and your family have been in preparation for this move for a long while now... Moving is such a sad/happy thing, but we both know that there is no better place to be on earth than right where God has called you to be.

I am sorry I will miss you at the Fiesta, but I just know one day we will meet face to face. I will be better about keeping up with your blog in the coming months. You will have much to tell in your new home.

Love ya, Kim

Nise' 8/17/2008  

I confess I had to look on a map to see where you were moving. Praise Him for all He has done in your lives and praying as you make this move and settle in. Your future is in front of you!! Love you!

Kate 8/17/2008  

How exciting for your new beginning. I had to laugh at your clerk story...I LOVE how you look for God in everything. Now you know...when I see you...I'm going to ask you for a word from God...lol...so be listening.

Praying for peace in everything as you settle in and take care of business.

many blessings!

Jessica 8/18/2008  

Bev,

I'm going to post a big fat "WELCOME!"

Welcome HOME...to Austin.

I'm so glad we're living in the same city, & it is so exciting that I get to drive on over and see you soon.

Please keep me posted on when it is convenient for me to come help you get settled.

I can't describe to you how much I understand the lessons of change these days. The Lord is so good to discipline me in those times.

Love you, Bev.

Call me - two-eight-1 (seven, three 2) zero, 88 three

Unknown 8/18/2008  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous 8/18/2008  

Bev!!
I am so glad you are in Austin!
I can't wait to see you.
I've been giving Brooke some info on places to stay if you still need a place.
It's been so neat to watch God do a work here in Austin. I truly believe that we are on the edge of something big happening here. This is a city that definitely needs Jesus.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this transition easier. Even if you need someone to call in order to find the closest Starbucks. I'm here! My email is steph@austinbible.org and phone is 512-299-0761.
Praying for you and your family!

BethAnne 8/19/2008  

I am praying for you as you start this new journey --- so excited to see what God has in store for you and those you will minister to.

jennyhope 8/20/2008  

I am so happy for you even though it is bitter sweet. You are leaving your UR (usual routine--if you did patriarchs). So can't wait to see you in San Antonio!!! It is going to be great!!

Julie 8/21/2008  

Congratulations on this new adventure....

Hmmm, the year of new beginnings...2008. Sounds like you've got one ahead of you.

Can't wait to hear more about it.

Julie

ocean mommy 8/27/2008  

Sweet Bev! I was so blessed to meet and spend a little time with you this weekend. :)

Praying for you as you continue to settle in!

Blessings sweet friend,
steph.

Michelle V 8/28/2008  

Oh, Bev, I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill! I'm praying for you!

Blessings
Michelle

Mary Lou 8/28/2008  

Bev, I sent you an email. I have been praying all week. You are not forgotten.
Praying for you healing. May He be the lifter of your head in more ways than one. Love, Mary Lou

Toknowhim 8/28/2008  

I will pray for you sweet Bev...

jennyhope 8/29/2008  

Bev, I wanted you to know how I have been praying for you. That is so how I felt for a week. Maybe you can get on some medicine to. I got a Z-pac and felt better after a few days.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008