Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Thai Birthday for Brooke




Brookie 2 Shoes on her very
First Birthday

We were on a church-wide retreat when you decided to make your entrance into this world. The retreat grounds were 30 minutes from the hospital. It's a good thing cause you came into the world with one contraction, literally. The doctor didn't make it into the delivery room neither did your dad...

I have loved you immeasurably from the day you were born Brookie Two Shoes. I wanted a girl so badly and God gave me the desires of my heart---and having you was more than I could have ever hoped for. All of my children, Brooke, are more than I could have ever imagined.

Happy Birthday in Thailand dear girl...Acts 17:26 are the verses God gave me on that day you were born..."God determined the times set for you and the exact places where you should live (Benbrook, College Station, Chiang-Mai Thailand) so that you would seek Him and reach out for Him and find Him and He is not far from you."
The nearness of God is your good. You have found an awesome God, Brooke, and your dad and I couldn't be any prouder of you honoring your God in Thailand. "In Him you live and move and have your being." We love you so much! I can hear you laughing in this photo at your Thai 24th birthday party! We miss your laughter. We miss you my Brookie.
I didn't think roommates could get any better than Six Chicks living. No one compares to our Sarah, Hayley, Jessica, Cla, and Lauren. But it sounds to me that your new sweet roommates gave you not only a great day, they have given you their hearts. And that makes this mom's heart really happy.
Happy Birthday Brookie 2 Shoes!

4 comments:

jen 9/03/2007  

Hi there! Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment on my blog. You have blessed me much this bright bright morning! I love the pics of your daughters, they are so sweet! Keep blogging for the Lord, Siesta. I think He gets great pleasure when we can find new friends in Him through "blog-world". I'm adding yours to my list of bloggers! :) Thank you for finding mine, and I'm blessed to have visited yours. :)

Katie 9/03/2007  

ahh! so cute! thanks for the notes! hope you're having a wonderful week.

Brooke 9/03/2007  

thanks mommy!!!


love ya!

Hendrick Family 9/04/2007  

What a cutie!!! Look at her!!!

Heather

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008