Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tears Tumbling on the Treadmill for.... the Lion has roared


I was on the treadmill (Brookie told me that I have to post pictures if anyone is going to read my long posts) and my good God prompted me to take a step of faith and call a friend to speak a good word of tender truth. Do you ever feel timid that maybe your words are not appropriate for that moment? Sometimes, I don't know how I will be received? So I keep silent...
But I need to change my thinking and

Move to love my friend

Shift from how I feel about myself and how I will be received to...

How do I feel about my Christ? & even more than that...

HOW DOES my CHRIST FEEL ABOUT ME?


My glorious God

hems, holds,

loves, longs,

reveals, rescues,

drives, delights,

fights, favors

He has written 66 Love Letters to tell me how He feels about me.
Here are a few quotes He brings to my mind tonight as I write...

"I hem you in---behind and before. I lay My Hand upon you." Psalm 139:5
"I hold you with my Right Hand and guide you with My Counsel." Psalm 73:23

"I love you with an Everlasting Love. I draw you to Me with lovingkindness." Jeremiah 31:3
"I long to be gracious to you. I rise to show you My Compassion." Isaiah 30:18

"Your Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to you. The lion has roared, who will not fear?" Amos 3:7-8
"I will rescue you. I will protect you. I will be with you in trouble. I will deliver you. I will satisfy you." Psalm 91:14-15

"Little by little I will drive out your enemies before you." Exodus 23:30
"The Lord your God takes great delight in you. He will quiet you with His Love. He rejoices over you." Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is going before you, He will fight for you, for He has carried you as a Father carries his son." Deuteronomy 1:30-31
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us & establish the work of our hands for us." Psalm 90:17

My time on the treadmill was over. I walked briskly to the exit door. An unfamiliar unknown older lady approached me and asked me for a moment of my time. Hesitating, she spoke softly: "I don't know you...I don't know how you are going to receive this. But I was in the parking lot and I think that God told me to come back in here and tell you something. (I wonder if she saw my tumbling tears on the treadmill?) Two things she spoke above a whisper. The First one is this...it is your God who acts in you. Second: He will take care of what concerns you." Humbled, I thanked her for timely words to me. Oh, that my glorious God would send someone out of their way, out of their comfort zone, to remind me how my King attentively feels about me. She reminded me that if we walk by faith, isn't it His strength within us not ours? She reminded me of Psalm 138: 7, 8 that says though I walk in trouble, my Lord will fulfill His purpose for me and accompish all that concerns me. Tried to make it to my car but melted in the parking lot and sat on a curb with tears spilling down my face and a little bird at my toes. His eye is on the sparrow. His eye is on each one of us even when we are unaware. It's not about us. It's all about Him and how He feels about us.

4 comments:

Hendrick Family 9/10/2007  

That's amazing!

Out of their way to love you! How great is His love for you, Mrs. B!

He is working all around you...and I love getting to see what He's doing.

Heather

jen 9/10/2007  

Wow. What an amazing testimony to the love of God! Remember what Psalms 56:8 says:

"You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book"

He bottles up all our tears, they are never shed in waste. And I have a feeling when He's bottling up our tears with one arm, He's holding us with another. He loves you girl and He sends His love to us everyday. Some in quiet subtle forms, some in the form of stranges we may never see again, and some in secret form that only we share with our Lord. He knows you, and He loves you.

Praying for you today.

Holly 9/16/2007  

Wow! You have so many God-incidences...and wonders in your life...Mmm... Thank you Jesus for my friend, Bev, today. Bless her, bless her family and each one she cares about...you see, you know, you keep and then Father, you just AMAZE. Be with my friend today, Lord. Amen.

Holly 9/16/2007  

PS I just saw that you called me humble in the side bar...my first thought was "Praise You Jesus!" and then I thought again, my friend Bev, that you are speaking a Word over this girl... I am not, yet. BUT am becoming what you speak. Bless you Sweet Sister!! Longing for the time I get to hug your neck! Very soon!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008