Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kiss the Son, Kiss the Moon


It is pitch black every night on our street that lasts one block---it's void of any lightposts. I went to my car to retrieve my charging cell phone around midnight last night. The moonlight illuminated my path to my car. I silently screamed inside in delight and ran back in to awaken my husband to coerce him to come view the full moon. I've awakened Bob in REM sleep many times to check for potential prowlers but never to gaze on the moon---would he buy my sales pitch? I think at first he was actually sleepwalking, but he came with me...and I pleaded with him to take me on a barefoot walk around the block in the moonlight. We did. And we laughed from way within trying to take delicate steps with bare feet and enjoy the moment. We started setting off motion detectors with our steps, our voices...how funny was that. It was one of those midnight moments where we didn't quite know why we were laughing so hard but we were. A little something happened to me under that moon. I'm asking my good God to give me a huge heart for my husband in our later years that we walk as sweethearts, not parallel lives, not just driven to do the work of the ministry. But both...hearts for the God we so passionately love to live and to listen to Him as well as hearts together to advance His Kingdom for whatever that means---if He uses us with five or fifty people. I'm afraid at times how others, even my husband, will respond to me and sometimes I fear failure, I fear moving into their world when I believe my good God is prompting me. It's too late at night to kiss the moon or they may not respond like I want them to or they may not value me. I find some company with Gideon in Judges 6:27 who did what God told him to do but Gideon did it at night rather than in the daytime cause he was afraid of his family, afraid of the people. Now, I really don't recommend waking your husband up after he's gone to sleep for the evening just cause there is a full moon again tonight...but I wonder what it will look like today if we follow the Spirit's promptings? In my QT this a.m. God spoke to me through Psalm 2:12........................ kiss the Son repeatedly--- and tonight I think kiss that Moon--- take refuge in Him only and trust Him only, not attached to anything else. That speaks to this attachaholic who longs for someone or something to come through for me...He is my Shield all around me...the Lifter of my head (Psalm 3:3). I'll have to tell you another time how much that phrase "lifter of my head" means to me. Oh my!
Kiss the Son! Kiss the Moon! Repeatedly...

1 comments:

Holly 9/27/2007  

I'm glad you did that last night! What a wonderful thing to do with your husband!!

I am off to read my verses that you gave me. Thank you for your friendship!! See you soon :)
Love,
holly

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008