Thursday, July 10, 2008

God of This City


Jerod, lead singer of our church's high school band, told this background story while leading our worship. The following story touched deep places in my heart for it's a story about the place where my daughter lives and longs and loves.

Unbidden, unexpected, unbelievable tears flowed down my face like a watercourse longing for its way as Jerod began to sing "God of This City."

The story Jerod told went like this: Bluetree wrote this song while on a mission trip in Thailand in a city that is the #1 sex tourism destination in the world. The band had met the owner of a bar and brothel who invited them to play in his establishment. While Bluetree was performing, the lyrics of this song came to them. When Chris Tomlin heard their song, he picked it up and here it is---from his new Passion release. It's my new favorite song.

"He is Love to the broken."

I stood on those Thailand streets last year and passed by the hopeless scores of girls looking for love and money in the eyes of unknown men. There are 30,000 female prostitutes in this city over the age of 18 and who knows how many underage.

I believe God is making His Light shine through my precious girl, Brookie. You should stop by her blog sometime, THAI ADVENTURES http://www.brookebrandon.blogspot.com/. The link is also on my sidebar.

May your LIGHT penetrate as you look into hurting hopeless faces this very day. And if you are like me on this day, broken yourself, may His LOVE cause you to stand.

Micah 7:8 - When I fall, I will RISE again. When I sit in my darkness, HE will bring LIGHT.

There is no one like our God. You can click here to hear the song. I don't know how to put it on my blog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk&feature=related

6 comments:

Michelle V 7/11/2008  

Bev,

We recently sang that in our worship at church and I had not heard it before and I thought it was such a powerful song! Bless your precious daughter for the wonderful work she's doing! And bless your sweet heart!

Michelle

Mary Lou 7/11/2008  

Bev, thanks for this post. Thanks for posting the link to that song. That could apply to all the major cities in America and the world. we need to claim our country for Him. We need to repent and turn to Him and seek His face for those that are lost and ask Him to come and heal our land. These are dark times.

Laura 7/11/2008  

Your tender heart and deep compassion send goosebumps through my body, friend. You have such a sweet sweet spirit, Bev. God loves you so much! YOu are such a blessing to me, dear one!

Fran 7/11/2008  

AWESOME Bev! Just awesome!
I'm praying for you this weekend.
Rest, comfort, peace, and joy my sweet friend.
Hugs,
Fran

Jessica 7/11/2008  

Bev,
thanks for the facebook message. It's always so sweet to hear from you.

I'm excited for Britt's week at camp. I do know all of the leadership this summer but fewer counselors. Bunga's still the director.

I'm anxious to hear more about this church in Austin. Keep me posted PLEASE!

LOVE YOU!

Unknown 7/12/2008  

Hey Bev,

Thought I might let you know how to upload those videos from YouTube and GodTube to your blog.

Where you watch the video in the You/God Tube windows there is a little link that has "embed" written beside it. Copy that HTML code. In your post editor on Blogspot, use the "HTML" tab at the top of the editing box and post the HTML code after or before your explanation - I usually enter a couple of times and put it at the bottom of the post.

Then click back over to compose.. The box will not show up in the post editor but a "blank box" will be highlighted and you can center it with your editiing tools. And there you have it... as simple as I hope it helps! I love the song, thanks for sharing... Blessings.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008