Sunday, May 25, 2008

Prayer for Permanent Peace and............. Monday Morning Cover to Cover

Memorial Day
We honor those who have given their lives for our freedom. The President has asked us to unite together as a country in prayer at eleven o'clock this morning to "pray for permanent peace."


Monday Morning
What lingers in your heart as you read the word of God this past week? Chronologically or any verse. Leave a comment and link us to your blog. Three things linger in my mind and heart:
Ask...
IF GOD SHOWED UP TODAY IN YOUR LIFE AND SAID: "Ask for whatever you want me to give you." II Chron 1:7 - What would your answer be? That was a question a friend asked me last year. My answer to Tripp that day was that I wanted to enter a rest with HIM that I knew not. My answer today is different.

Would I ask this day for a better marriage, awesome children, an impact for His Kingdom, or friends in my lonely life? I hope that I would ask only for Him … and then all the rest of those things would be taken care of by the One who holds all things together. That’s what I long for—to want the love of my Christ more than anything this world offers. What do I want more than His Love? It shows by the way we live and long. For one day, our God will come and He will not be silent and we will stand before the Judge Himself. Psalm 50:3. So what God spoke to me was from Song of Solomon 1:6 - "my own vineyard I have neglected." I don't want to miss what my beautiful God is saying to me about my life on this day. Don't want to miss the grace of God. Jonah 2:8.
Hear...
Your King is enthralled with your beauty. Psalm 45:11.
“My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for my KING. My tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.”Psalm 45:1. I long that my tongue would
right wrongs
rightfully repent
write on hearts.
This is no “works salvation” that we live —-not about trying to be better, but living a broken life before God for how I have tried to make life work for me.
Build...
1 Kings 5:13-18 - King Solomon conscripted laborers from all over Israel to build the Lord’s temple---- 30,000 laborers in 2 forced labor shifts (one month on; two months off); 70,000 carriers; 80,000 stonecutters; 3,600 foremen. What an undertaking for Solomon to oversee for seven years! And along comes the psalmist with the next thought, Psalm 127: 1-2 "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. Am I building things in life in vain rising up early and staying up late; am I standing watch in vain?
I Kings 8:58-61 Solomon prays a prayer to dedicate the building:
May God turn our hearts to HIM, to walk in all his ways and to keep His commands...and may our words be near to God that he may uphold our cause according to exactly what we need for this day. What is that you need today? Let your heart be fully committed to your beautiful LORD. There is no Other. I wonder if how I live shows that I am committed at times to my own advancement, my own validation, my own protection, my own healing of pain…may I repent quickly when my eyes are opened and may I let my God speak to my heart. I can’t clean myself up, only He can and will. The kindness of my God leads to repentance. Romans 2:4. As I taught school this week, I was committed to getting my students to cooperate with me more than I was to being a blessing to them and loving them in the face of rudeness and vulgarity. Not right on their part nor on my part. So grateful to God for grace covering our sin!

Just as God heard Solomon in II Chron. 7:11-16, He hears us today. "I have heard you! "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my Face (not my Hand) and turn from their old ways, then will I hear and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayers you offer. My eyes and heart will always be there for you. He's listening!
Would you like to read the Book of Proverbs with us in 12 days starting today? Look on the sidebar for the readings for next 12 days---it's 2 or 3 chapters a day and in 12 days you have covered the book of Proverbs. Join us the next two Mondays to post a thought from your heart about what you read. Just one thing. We'd love for you to join us!

26 comments:

Michelle V 5/26/2008  

This week was great! I finally got my cover to cover post up for the week. Thank you, Bev!
http://michellevsblog.blogspot.com/

Michelle

Toknowhim 5/26/2008  

My dear friend,

So glad to see your comment on my bloggy today. I sure do miss our long comments back and forth to each other :) It seems a lot has changed for you and your family since I took my blog break, but one thing has not changed...your pursuit of God! What a refreshment you are to blogville and the Siestas... Love ya, Kim

Mary Lou 5/26/2008  

Bev Our hearts are truly His vineyard. I've been under a great Bible teacher who is teaching us that we need to break up the fallow ground in our hearts and uproot the things that have taken hold there, so that the right things can be planted. She taught us in the last lesson Song of Solomon 1:6. Not to neglect our hearts but to look well to them. We should edify one another,build one another up spiritually, not just comfort. I believe this is directly a Word from Him for all of us. The verse that He has given me this week end for you and for me as well is Psalm 18:28-33. Well. I guess that is more than one verse, but it's the thought that my God can help me leap over any wall. Blessings....you are indeed a Bible discerner and teacher of His Word. Love in Him, Mary Lou

connorcolesmom 5/26/2008  

Bev,
I LOVE the pics!
The last one is really funny!
YOu look so pretty and I can't wait to hug your sweet face in SA
Love ya
Kim

Angela Baylis 5/26/2008  

My answer to the question... "Ask for whatever you want me to give you"? I'd have to agree 100% with you, Bev. If I have more of Him everything else will fall into place. Sounds so simple! He is enthralled with your beauty and mine too? He amazes me more and more everyday!

I have to tell you I'd love to read the Book of Proverbs with you all, but realistically I would probably fail so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I know it wouldn't take long, but I just know me and better not commit to something I can't follow through with. I'll look forward to reading your insights on it! You are such a special lady!

If you want to read about my cover to cover thoughts you can read them
here.
... I hope this works! Thanks, Nise'.

Much love to all of my Siestas!
Angie xoxo

Angela Baylis 5/26/2008  

Oopsie Daisy!
I get to read along with you all because that's what comes next! YAY... I'm excied! Okay, I'll settle down! See you next week! :)
Much love,
ANGie xoxo

jennyhope 5/26/2008  

i am going to have to figure out what you show up as. I know its not fort worth.

Also, the teacher is James MacDonald. I have been listening to him for 8 years and I love his preaching/teaching so much.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Michelle, God is so moving in your life and it is so obvious that it is HIM. Love your passion.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Kim, missed you on your blog break a whole lot!!! I'm not doing CWO and a full-time job has led me to say "no" to some computer time. But I'm with you and love your beautiful heart of faith.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Mary Lou - your words are always "in season" for me and so full of the breath of God blowing on me. Oh my! The Psalm 18 verse---I marked your name in my Bible and will hold it in my heart for it means more than I can say in words! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Kim, thanks for all you are doing for SF in SA---that's a lot! Hope your hubby is much much better! See if you can join us just for Proverbs. And, it will be my privilege to be in your presence soon.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Ang, oh my goodnes....I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to your blog tonight and my son got a good laugh out of me singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" I LOVED IT and loved the verse you left just for me---at least I took it that way!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/26/2008  

Jen, I will have to go find his website or something---my visit to your blog just now was like the biggest shock! I'm still recovering over here! The baby in the bunny blanket strikes again! I love you to pieces JennyHope!

Nise' 5/27/2008  

What a wonderful (true) thought if we ask ask only for Him …"then all the rest of those things would be taken care of by the One who holds all things together". With Him I can do all things, without Him I can do absolutely nothing!
Loved your pictures!
My post on this week's reading is here.

Karen 5/27/2008  

If He would grant me just one thing, I would ask that I be filled with such a desire for Him...

I loved what you wrote about longing for your tongue to right wrongs, rightfully repent and write on hearts. I think I need that reminder daily. Stop by my cover to cover for a detailed reason.

I do so appreciate you and your heart for Him, Bev. Blessings to you this week.

karen

annette 5/27/2008  

What a great week to reflect on our God asking what do you want, being enthralled with us, loving us despite ourselves! I haven't worked my way through your blog posts yet, but love your comments and am still singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." You all bless me in so many ways. It is just Tuesday so I got mine posted here

Unknown 5/27/2008  

I'll be back next week Bev! I'll write you tomorrow morning. I talked to Connie B the other night and she blessed me so. We all have difficult testimonies... but God is indeed so glorious. Praise His Name! Love You!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/27/2008  

Nise - you are a faithful girl. You are always looking for what God is saying. Love your faithfulness!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/27/2008  

Karen, it is a real joy to have you and get to know you. Thanks so much for the awesome post!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/27/2008  

Annette, I feel like I've known you for a lifetime. II Cor 2:14 - you are the fragrance of Jesus to me!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/27/2008  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/27/2008  

Michelle, Connie & I were in several Beth Moore b.s. together. Small world! I FINALLY have a cell again as of tonite---went into Verizon and the guy fixed my son's phone under warranty and gave me a battery with no charge. So grateful. So email me your cell # as I did lose my phone book. I just have to visit Gateway soon! I sure do feel like I have met you before and have known you like forever!

cheryl 5/28/2008  

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Yes we have a lot in common. My daughter in DC works for a software co. with a gov contract. My son will be in Thailand June 2nd - Aug 2nd....oh and I see you live in Ft. Worth! Im a Texas girl..raised in Dallas..lived in Ft. worth and then Burleson from about 1986(?) to 1993. My name has changed since then it was Beezley

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/30/2008  

Cheryl
it's a small small world...
thanks for the comment...

Laura 5/30/2008  

Wow. What would I ask God for? I don't know, I don't know! I hope that I would be like Solomon and ask for wisdom. But most of all, I want my life to glorify Him. That is my prayer every day.
blessings, Bev.

Laura

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 5/30/2008  

Hey Laura, your humility intrigues and invites me in...you do honor HIM!

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008