Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I AM doing a new thing!

Sunday morning we visited a church we had not been to in over a year. The pastor asked us to take a moment to shut everything out and listen to what God was saying. I had a strong impression to turn to Isaiah 43. I couldn't think of a verse in that chapter. So, I turned and thought to myself---YOU are here, o my beautiful God, as I read what He was saying to me. It doesn't happen often that some random unknown verse pops into my head, but no coincidence here. The verses said:

I have summoned you by name, Bev. And in Isaiah 43:18, He said:
This is what your LORD says, Who made a way through the sea.
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
I am making a way in your desert and
I provide water in the desert, for the people I formed for Myself,
that you may proclaim My Praise.
.
I walked out so wanting to live a life of praise to my God. Something shifted in me that moment. I can't explain it. All I know is that the Spirit of God showed up and it was good. Sometimes, it is like, I now know something I didn't know before. I so much more want to give up wrong ways of relating to my world.

I am reading an older book from about 15 years ago that I've never read.
It's called "Finding God." This morning, I read:
"The more aware we become of certain truths about what life is really like, the more committed we will be to knowing God, and the less concerned we will be about solving our immediate problems." (Larry Crabb) He went on to say, let me list for you five truths that I am facing more fully as I pursue God.

1. Our deepest longings are inconsolable.
2. Other people's lives testify to the value of knowing God better.
3. We are inescapably selfish.
4. The Holy Spirit is a person who works in our lives.
5. Suffering is inevitable.

The question we need to ask is this:
"Are we merely living, or are we walking with God?"

11 comments:

Shonda 5/08/2008  

Oh Bev!! How beautiful is that! God is so awesome! The Lord spoke to me about pursuing holiness. Letting go more of me; getting more of Him. The more I let go, the more amazed I am. I love that quote as it is true. The Lord used you to confirm in me that I am called to teach people how to live with HIM through the trials as they're inevitable, not how to try and escape. I love you my sister!! I'll call you soon.

Love & blessings in Christ--

annette 5/08/2008  

He is doing a mighty new thing in your desert Bev! He holds you so dear. I am not sure what all the trial is meant for, but you are shining through with His Love and standing in HIm. He carries you and He makes you stand. I once heard it said that trials are inevitable. Being unhappy is optional. You are taking the higher road and He is most pleased. I love you, dear friend. Hang in there. Mother's Day blessings! Love, Annette

connorcolesmom 5/08/2008  

That is wonderful!
I love when God shows up BIG time!
The book you are reading sounds really good :)
I hope you are having a great day
Much love
Kim

Fran 5/08/2008  

I wanna be living Bev! I wanna be living and walking with Him. :)

I'm so happy for you Bev! A new thing is a fabulous thing when God is behind it.

I love ya sweet friend. You are ALWAYS in my prayers.
Hugs~
Fran

Mary Lou 5/08/2008  

Oh, Bev what a beautiful Word He gave you. He is so consistently there and always comes thru and NEVER fails to keep His promises. Oh,how I want to be walking with Him and not just merely living, which it feels like I am doing. Guess that is because of this traumatic transition that is going on in my life. I am crying out and I know He will answer me just like He answered you. What an inspiration you are and what a blessing. He spoke to me thru you. May you be truly blessed this mother's day...may they rise up and call you blessed...Love in Him, Mary Lou

marine's words 5/08/2008  

Bev, you are not going to bleive thee but God gave me the same vs on monday I am going through some trails that seem so hard to over come but as I began to trivale in prayer God gave me the same vs!love,marina

Laura 5/08/2008  

Wow. You are such an inspiration to me, Bev. No matter where you are or what is going on around you, you are going to listen for God. I love your heart, my friend!
laura

Alana 5/08/2008  

That's good stuff.

BethAnne 5/09/2008  

I have been asking myself that alot lately.....I so want to live a life of praise and walk with Him!!!

jennyhope 5/09/2008  

so good my biggest thing right now is not letting fear rule me in a certain area and fearing God more than I fear my fear. Beth said that.
Anyway, I keep being so scared that I will fail my courses that I just freeze up and do nothing. AHHH

He Knows My Name 5/17/2008  

bev, i just think you are the greatest. i would love to see you in person and hug you. you opened to Is 43:18 and inserted your name as I just did reading your blog. i'm in very trying years with my adult children, facing things i never thought i would have to face and through this He has drawn me to His side. everything in my kids lives are different, and i have been forced to seek God harder than i ever have had to in my life. i just never thought about what He is doing in my life in this way "forget the former things, do not dwell on the past, i am doing a new thing" that is exactly where He has me right now. he is definitely doing a new thing in my heart. i have had to believe Him and have faith in Him for things i would not have wanted but in my pain i just learned from louie giglio we become megaphones for Him. isn't that cool and so true. God Bless you Bev. i know that is so cliche but when we christians say that to each other it comes with supernatural wishes. much love ~janel

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008