Thursday, March 13, 2008

Carried by My Father

Yesterday morning in my Quiet Time I read Deuteronomy 1-3 in our chronological reading. Verse 1:3 says that it is the the first day of the eleventh month of the fortieth year. That means, two more months to go and their forty years of wanderings will be over. One verse sticks out to me as a summary of their wanderings: 1:30-31 The Lord is the One who went before them and fought for them just as He did in Egypt. Before their very eyes. In Egypt. In the desert. But they sometimes didn't want any part of the plan God had for them. But He carried them through the desert as a father carries his son, all the way. And that so speaks to me. May God carry us all in our wanderings. There have been things in my life I have not wanted to be a part of just like the Israelites---like growing up in a dysfunctional family. I just wanted things to be normal. What's normal today? But, all I can do is cry for the mercy of my God and repent and my God has carried me all the way to this very day. And He carries you today in your Egypt, your desert.
Sometimes the Israelites didn't want what they were given---manna---but they did not lack anything. Deut 2:7. You know, this is God's story. It's about my story being lifted into that higher story. It's not about me. That so speaks to me where I am today.

I was promised an opportunity for a full-time teaching job with benefits starting today and have been waiting for it to start since Christmas. It fell through yesterday. But, I am going in today anyway to be trained to teach next fall in the public school system. It's just---I need a job today. All of their positions have been filled and I was given wrong information. So, I'm back to square one with no job. Also, my husband is out of full-time work right now as he finished building a Christian school in Dallas and his construction company is waiting on another contract to firm up. It could take a few weeks or months. Pray that it is soon and also that we hear the direction God is leading us in. Bob is picking up individual small jobs doing painting. He's a faithful guy who is never idle but always busy in providing for his family. Meanwhile, life moves forward and responsibilities loom large.

We are waiting on our God to go back into the ministry, the Lord willing. We are in the very beginning stages of talking to a couple of churches. Trusting through life with you that we won't lack anything. And that I will let my God carry me. I so want that!

I am writing this post quickly as I walk out the door to ask you to pray for peace in our hearts in what our faithful and beautiful God is working in our lives, and that my husband and I both find full-time work real soon. Deeply appreciate your walking with us on this incredible journey of walking with a God who is real and present and powerful. Wonder what our beautiful God is up to? What I long for is not something bigger, but a better place in my heart with HIM.

17 comments:

BethAnne 3/14/2008  

Hey Bev, I am so sorry about the job. Maybe God has something else in mind for you in the mean time....I look forward to hearing what the something is. I WILL be in prayer for you and your sweet family over the next months. I am anxious to see what God is up to with you guys - I have a feeling it is gonna be big - God has a way of working things out for our good and His glory.

You are always such an encouragement to me through your blog and through your comments on mine....it is obvious that you are completely devoted to and captivated by God ----He will bless that, I know He will.

Karen 3/14/2008  

I so appreciate your heart and the words you share.

Praying for you today!

Julie 3/14/2008  

I just keep thinking of the verse that says "My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts".....

I heard Graham Cooke say once:

"You can't trust in what God is doing, as He is unpredictable, but you can trust in who He is. He is unpredictable in what He does and consistent in who He is."

I have held onto that and seen that as true. God seldom if ever does things the way that I think make sense. He's always up to something greater than I can ever imagine or dream of.

I believe that is true for you and your family today.

Praying,
Julie

Stacie@HobbitDoor 3/14/2008  

Bev,
I am praying for you and your family. I pray that He continues to provide your daily bread, calm to your souls, and light for your path. Thank you for continuing to point others to Him during your struggles.

Grace and peace,
Stacie

Mary Lou 3/14/2008  

Bev, Praying for you as you go. Praying that He will meet you and your husband and do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or dream of....It is unreal, but my husband and I are in a very similiar position. Not completely, but along the same lines. We have stepped out in faith, just as the priests stepped out into the Jordan when it was at it's highest and the waters parted when they stepped into the water...they were obeying. Stepping out in faith is a very exciting and scary place to be. I too have had money seemingly snatched from my hands, that I needed to pay bills etc, but He then turns around and meets me in another way that I had not counted on. He is doing something wonderful in your lives. It will be greater than you can conceive, I believe because you are trusting Him and you will give Him all the praise and all the honor and all the glory. He knows your hearts, He has heard. He's moving. May He show up today and show you that He is moving on your behalf and that He has truly gone ahead of you and prepared the way. Sorry to be so long winded. Blessings

connorcolesmom 3/14/2008  

Bev,
I am praying for you during this trying time. Trust in Him b/c HE is faithful and he is our Jehovah Jireh - our provider!
Much love,
Kim

annette 3/14/2008  

Hey sweet Bev. Life is never what we think it will be, but He is your faithful Rock. Your heart is so pure as you wait. I know as a mom, how hard it is, and as your friend, I see your heart is tender and clings to Him even in this desert. You know I am praying and hoping all these sweet women who love you give you much encouragement this day. I love you, my sister. Annette

TeriAnnElizabeth 3/14/2008  

Bev,

My heart hurts with you today. I don't understand what GOD is up to in your family's life at this moment, but I KNOW HE is faithful. I know HE is doing something that will bear fruit.

I pray for you to have peace as you trust HIM for your every need.

Praying boldy for answers,
Teri

Fran 3/14/2008  

"Oh sweet Jesus,
We all come before the beautiful throne of grace on behalf of our sister in Christ, Bev...and her entire family. Lord, you know every detail and you know the glorious things to be revealed, but as they wait patiently and anxiously, I ask that you put your faithful and loving arm of peace around them and give them an assurance....hourly.....that can only come from You!

Lord, I ask that their hearts not waver and their belief become only stronger! We pray against anything or anyone that is not of you to STAY AWAY! Lord, surround them with angels on Earth that will be encouragers and supporters.

We anxiously await with 100% pure faith and trust in You and Your sovereign plan!

We love you! In Jesus Name, Amen!"

Shonda 3/15/2008  

Bev,
I'm praying God's will for you and your family. I pray that His peace that passes all our understanding over take you. You're precious in HIS sight. You are special to me.

Love & blessings in Christ-

Alana 3/15/2008  

You know I am praying for you, friend!

Profbaugh 3/15/2008  

Bev,

Your post really struck a chord in my heart. I'm so sorry the teaching job fell through. I know from what I've read here on your blog that you're a fantastic teacher. It would be a blessing to be in your classroom!!

Know that I'm going to be covering you, my Siesta in prayer--your hubby too. I know that God has something very special in store for you--can feel in the core of my being. Until that time, may you feel His absolute perfect peace!!

You are such an inspiration to all your readers. Thanks so much for being faithful to this blog.

Much love,
~Cheryl

jennyhope 3/15/2008  

i really need to email you and I have had an extremely crazy week. Long story. you will never know what your email spoke to me. I just wanted to check in to let you know how I have been praying for you! LOVE YOU!

Nise' 3/16/2008  

My devotion today said "Any "no" an earnestly seeking child of God receives from the Throne is for the sake of a greater "yes". Trusting this truth for you and your husband in this situation.

Denise 3/16/2008  

Tee shirt contest is finished and a winner is announced and the design is finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and take a look and I will get out and about and get caught up on all my friends blogs……………….. I will try to read and find out what you gals have been up to this week…………..

Hugs

TeriAnnElizabeth 3/18/2008  

Bev,
I'm praying for you. I had CPR certification class all day long today, but I finally posted on my blog how the scriptures spoke to me.

I posted how Beth's teaching on Our Egypt, Wilderness and Canaan, impacted my life and The Father impacted my heart...ouch!

I don't know how to do a link, so here is my home in the blogosphere where I shared some of her teaching and my reaction.

http://aviewfromthemountaintop.blogspot.com/

I'll keep reading along with all of you! Thank you for letting me in on the journey.

Many prayers for a greater YES for you!
Teri

Angela Baylis 3/22/2008  

Happy Easter, Bev and your whole family! I may not get a chance to come back tomorrow!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008