Friday, March 28, 2008

Fragile Tents but Eternal Houses

Sunday Update:
I haven't been able to get up yet. Having a little bit of complications. But I am encouraged. I have such hope, such courage rising up in me that if I do face the fainting spells again, HE will be right there, never absent, maybe silent, always present. This a.m. I read in my quiet time Joshua 21:44 and believe it with all my heart. God is giving me rest on every side; my enemies are being defeated. Not one of all the LORD's good promises to me will fail. Every one will be fulfilled.
II Cor. 5:1 says that our bodies are tents which are pretty fragile---"if the earthly tent is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven not built by human hands." No matter what happens to me, I have an eternal house. You can tell I've been thinking about my body not working. I am on the mend. I am believing God for health and life and forgiveness and mercy. The birds are singing outside my window. It's a good day, and there is singing in my heart, in my bed. I will be up soon. So grateful for your prayers! Much Love, Bev

BLUBBER

TMI...This is probably too much info to put up in a blog but, hey, I'm desperate over here. It's 6pm and it's the first that I can get to the computer today. Last night was just terrifying for me. I had five fainting spells during the night. I can't even describe to you the horrible feeling that overcomes me when I have these unusual spells. I am startled and awakened and have repetitive fainting. It is so difficult to endure. Everything in me is trying to not faint. Doctors can't seem to find why that happens to me. It's rather infrequent, but to be real honest, it's just devastating to me. (It happened last week when I broke my toe.) Seems like my body is having a hard time processing the fluid loss of 15 pounds. I am still swollen and dehydrated, no matter what I pour into my body. I am just sobbing as I write this. I sound so pitiful, but my body is now not cooperating with the loss of so much fluid so quickly. Please continue to pray for my recovery from the kidney failure. I don't want to make a bigger deal out of this than it is, I'm just not doing well at all today on the recovery road.

Your comments mean a lot to me. It's in these very quiet pensive moments that you think real hard about life and how you are really doing. I fell all over my husband last night asking him to forgive me for everything I've ever done. He kindly chuckled back his love to me. I wonder what I'll do when I meet my Jesus face to face, if I will blubber all over HIM, saying I am so sorry for EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER DONE not thniking of YOU and how I missed things. Now, I lead a pretty good life over here. But, I also think of C. S. Lewis's quote that no man knows how bad he is until he has tried so very hard to be good. And you have Paul, telling us at the very END of his life, "I am the chiefest of all sinners."

Thank you for letting me blubber all over you with my ailment. Pray specifically that my kidneys would process correctly and for restful sleep, not dread. Hope I can visit your blog soon! I'm still too weak to get on the computer. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and support!

20 comments:

Jean 3/28/2008  

Bev, I just came up to go to bed and thought I'd check the computer one last time. I really didn't expect there to be anything on it from you and I was so surprised to see that you are still struggling so. Before I go to bed in a few minutes, I will pray this scripture over you, Bev:

Proverbs 3:23-26 "Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught."

May the Lord Jesus Christ heal your kidneys, dear Bev, and give you sleep that is sweet and dreams that are divine!

Much love to you, dear Sister in Christ.

Jean Myers

Angela Baylis 3/28/2008  

Dear Bev,
I know you know He counts our tears. I'm glad you have this blog to blubber all over! I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. Keep praying and I will too! I wish I could do more for you right now. Much love and many many prayers being sent your way!
Angie xoxo

Julie 3/28/2008  

Papa, I know you hold Bev's tears in a bottle. I know you see her and your plans are great for her. I also know that your ways are not our ways. We don't understand often the things you allow in our lives.
But we know this...You are ALWAYS good.

I am asking you Papa, on Bev's behalf that you come and carry her through this time. Take your powerful healing hand and touch her body causing it to work as you designed it to work. You created her Papa, you know every intricate detail of her body. Flush out her body of the fluids in a way that is easy to handle. Engage her kidneys to do what you created them to do.

Just pick her up and carry her Papa. Stop the fainting spells and allow her to rest in the comfort and peace of your embrace.

I ask in your name.

Bev, I am so sorry. I pray you recover quickly.
We miss you!

Julie

Karen 3/29/2008  

Honey, you can cry all over me anytime. And I might just return the favor sometime. I know how frustrating health issues can be. And I guess there's nothing like a health thing to convince me that I am NOT in control. As much as I like to pretend otherwise. I am praying for you this day.

Blessings!

Mary Lou 3/29/2008  

Sweet Bev, I am so sorry that things are so difficult for you. He does have you and He is carrying you. You are looking to Him and seeking Him, so He will meet you and be the lifter of your head. I have checked and checked to see if you had posted anything because i wanted to "hear" from you. Know that you are covered with much prayer and some of these above me are seconded and agreed with by me. So, He is listening and He will act. May you have slept much better last night and tonight and may you rest today. You may blubber all over me anytime you choose, I may need to do the same to you sometime. We all need to do it at different times. Praying as I go. Love in Him, Mary Lou

Fran 3/29/2008  

I pray in agreement with all the others Bev. I have you in my heart always and pray for your healing. You are in the hand of Jesus and He's tending to you.

Much love and prayers being lifted..

He Knows My Name 3/29/2008  

dear bev, i am praying that complete healing, knowledge, wisdom, relief, comfort, rest, peace be yours in Jesus Name.

~janel

ps will check in soon.

Kristin 3/29/2008  

Still praying along with everyone else. Love and prayers ~ Kristin

BethAnne 3/29/2008  

Bev, Praying for your quick recovery. Blog Vegas just isnt the same without your comments!!!

twinkle 3/29/2008  

Bev! I haven't visited your blog since word of your friend in the Middle East passing away and I am so sorry to hear about your health problems! OMG but Bev, three areas are so important! Physical, Spiritual & Emotional! Spiritually, you are adored by Your God. Take that to heart. You are adored. If being perfect was what won His love...we would all fail! His Grace is poured out all over you because You are wearing Jesus inside and outside. Christ lives in you! That makes you perfect in God's Eyes.
Emotionally, in spite of the concern for what's happening to you, you are on a firm foundation. You are crying out to Jesus for His Touch. Emotionally, you are held tightly in His Arms. His Strong Arms.
Physically, ahh, now there's the area that needs deliverance! My God is Mighty to Save, yes, He is Mighty to Save! I want you to find a verse that really speaks to your heart about God's ability to bring you through this. I sense this could even be spiritual oppression. PUT GOD FIRST...ask Him to rebuke any evil that means to harm you. Then ask HIM to fill you with His Holy Spirit. Praise Him for this time of dependence on Him. Forget the job loss. Physically, you cannot change what has happened, you can only believe that HE knows your need and will supply your need.

Psalm 57:1

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me; for my soul trusteth in thee. Yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be passed by.

Go listen to Amy Grant sing "Breath of Heaven." It will bless you.

Father, Bev is yours. Care for her like a mother cares for her young. Restore unto her the ability to walk in Your Blessings. Heal her body and let every part of her function with ease and strength. Show Your Mighty Resurrection Power in Bev. And may she give You all Praise and Honor and Glory. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Anonymous 3/29/2008  

Goodness, Bev. I can't imagine how difficult that would be.

You are and will be in my prayers, and I want a praise report on this someday!

annette 3/29/2008  

Bev, I am so sorry I was out of town and my cell phone took the message and I tried to leave you two. I hope you got them. I am praying hard for your recovery, for your healing, for your restored peace. You are precious in His sight, and He is ever before you in this. I am so sorry but know joy cometh. We got home tonight from Florida and I am off to bed for some serious sleep. Love you bunches, Annette

TeriAnnElizabeth 3/30/2008  

Father,

Your daughter Beverly is hurting and You know all of that. YOU know every bit of that precious body, heart, mind and soul.

Oh Papa, would You restore her physically and give to her a new joy in her heart? I ask not my will, but only YOUR'S.

We trust You, Papa...YOU are our everything. Let her know You are wiping her tears and collecting every one of them. YOU are so tender with Your daughters. We love YOU more than words can say.

He Knows My Name 3/30/2008  

i am relieved by your update but still praying. hugs ~janel

Mary Lou 3/30/2008  

Thank you for the update. Still praying. He is hearing and answering. He is there...Blessings..Love In Him, Mary Lou

valerie 3/31/2008  

Bev,
I wanted you to know you are in my prayers this morning. Bless your heart!
I prayed for Scripture to share with you and opened up my Bible to II Chronicles 20...the story of Jehoshaphat. The whole chapter is great. I love verses 15 & 17.
"...Be not afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is not yours, but God's." "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you..."
Believing with you and others who are praying that God will give you rest and peace today and healing throughout your body.
Love,
Valerie

Jodie Wolfe 3/31/2008  

If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

connorcolesmom 3/31/2008  

Bev,
I continue to pray for you and God brings you to mind often.
I just updated my blog from the LPL conference this weekend and there is a part close to the very end of the post that talks about suffering. It reminds me of this trial that God is taking you through.
He is your SUSTAINER, COMFORTER, GOD OF PEACE, Strong TOWER, HEAVENLY FATHER and HEALER!!!
Love you,
Kim

He Knows My Name 3/31/2008  

You're on my mind, in my prayers and on my heart. hugs ~janel

Denise 3/31/2008  

He bottles up our tears so you just cry......... He must be very very close if He is catching your tears........ Can you feel Him holding that little bottle up to your eyes....... ? I bet you can...... I will continue to pray.......

hugs

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008