Sunday, September 2, 2007

Always a SOONER!

The diploma insert said: "No Matter Where You Go, You'll Always Be a SOONER!" Blair walked in May and we witnessed the day. Blair finished all of the coursework in July and that chapter highlights how time flies. Our baby girl is a graduate. Sooner Blair.


This is what this mom remembers about Blair's four year college visit in Norman, Oklahoma (and I may have something wrong on my list) but here goes a mom's perspective...BSU...touched for life at Trinity Church...touched by kids where you worked...Pursuit Bible Studies...football games...loving challenging political science classes...walking in the snow to class...four fabulous roommates...sand volleyball...President's Leadership Class...meeting Queen Noor of Jordan...themed house parties...dinner with Rudy Guiliani...making a million friends...Ronald Reagan Ranch...awesome Ghana mission trip...Pioneer missions...SCI delegate to Hungary & Budapest...road trips from California to New York...campus-wide Capture the Flag...two summer internships with Kay Granger and Kay Bailey Hutchison...but best of all, a mighty God who showed up for Blair in Norman! Your beauty is beautiful Blair!


I have spent most of August with my graduated girl... haven't spent that much precious consecutive time with her since high school. She left this week for Washington D.C. as a Witherspoon fellow... an internship with the Family Research Council in D.C.

There is a sweetness about this girl that is priceless. She has a big heart for people and more than that a big heart for her God. She may be a SOONER forever but she will always be my baby Blair. We are so proud of you sweet girl! I believe your God will show up for you in Washington DC.

1 comments:

Anonymous 9/02/2007  

aww mom, you're the best.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008