Sunday, August 9, 2026

222 - "Lean On The God of Israel" Isaiah 47-51


Who am I really listening to?
What is playing over and over in my mind?
Am I listening to God?
Am I listening to what it means to "move in" to love those difficult people in my life?
\
You claim to be citizens of the Holy City; 
you act as though you lean on the God of Israel, 
named God-of-the-Angel-Armies. 
You've never been good listeners to me. 
You have a history of ignoring me.
I've refined you, but not without fire. 
I've tested you like silver in the furnace of affliction.  
Come close, listen carefully:   I've always been present with you."
Isaiah 48

He said to me, “You are my servant,
    Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.

But I said, “I have labored in vain;

    I have spent my strength for nothing at all.
Yet what is due me is in the Lord’s hand,
    and my reward is with my God.”

                                                                                Isa 49:3-4

Hope for a new chapter.  Hope for a better me.  Hope for new strength.  

I Thes 4:11 that you make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, and to do your own business ...

"It is very desirable to have a calm and quiet temper, and to be of a peaceable and quiet behaviour. Satan is busy to trouble us; and we have in our hearts what disposes us to be unquie; therefore let us study to be quiet." 

I think about this verse like every day. Am I moving quiet in my mind? Am I living quiet in my heart?

PHOTO:  Hope for these two firstborn boys. Barrett and Ezekiel. May their next chapters be full of love.

0 comments:

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008