Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SHINGLE BELLS, SHINGLE BELLS

Shingle Bells. Shingle Bells. Oh me, oh my! I have the shingles.

Went for a second opinion for a suspicious spot on my shin. The dermatologist did a biopsy on my leg right there on the spot! Didn't have time to text anyone to pray. The most wonderful thing was that God was right there with me holding my hand. Psalm 15:8. He had just brought to my mind Psalm 112:7 an hour before. I was waiting with another friend for their pathology to come back. No fear of bad news for our hearts are steadfast, trusting HIM alone, not the closure of unwanted circumstances.

The word "biopsy" strikes fear in me. "Can I call my husband before you do it?" I could have scheduled it for the future. No, take it out right now. She removed the whole lesion. But God continues to remove lesions from my heart. He reached down on Tuesday and took hold of me and drew me out of some deep waters of fear. Psalm 18:16. The pathology report comes back on Friday.

I've been thinking a lot lately about personal holiness. You know, the kind of holiness that trumps impact. We can get so caught up in wanting to be somebody and make a mark and change the world for Christ, that we miss dealing with this present moment of our own stuff. We will be advancing the Kingdom if we are dealing with what is going on inside of our hearts. So grateful to Him for bringing me to a place where I'm aware that the Love of Christ is more important than any ministry. Oh, I don't know. I wish I could better verbalize what's going on inside of me. Dealing with some pretty dark feelings and learning a bit more what it means to let them go.

So the doctor proceeds to check me from head to toe...OH NO...you have SHINGLES ON YOUR BACK. And I thought I was there for my shin! But actually I was probably there for my sin for our Beautiful God rescues us because He delights in us, Psalm 18:19, and He won't let us stay in our sin. So surprised by a sin of quiet demandingness that one more thing does not need to happen to me before this year ends. And what about starting deductibles over again in January with multitudinous doctor bills? What about trusting He will take care of it all? It is the Kindness of our God that leads us to repentance. Romans 2:4. What do I want more than the Love of my Christ? The good life...so what would that look like? SHINGLE BELLS. SHINGLE BELLS.

11 comments:

Holly 12/16/2009  

You know I'm praying. He WILL not LET GO! He WILL NOT! Storming the gates for you in prayer, my dear friend.

Rhonda 12/16/2009  

Praying for you Bev!

Mary Lou 12/16/2009  

I am praying...haven't stopped. He is holding on to you. The Father is got you in one hand and the Son has you in the other...you are sandwiched between the two of them...blessed thought to me. No one can snatch you out of the Father's hand, NO ONE or NOTHING can separate you from the love of God. Glad to see the post, so we know how to pray. May He be the lifter of your head this very day.
Blessings, love, prayers and hugs, Mary Lou

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend 12/16/2009  

Still praying and sending hugs.....

twinkle 12/16/2009  

Job 1:11. That wretched enemy! He is pulling out all stops to get you to stop praising God. I am so aware of his schemes in my own life.
Keep praising God. I know He has given you every thing you need to survive this attack. The more I feel the foot of the enemy on my back, pressing me down, the more I cry out to Jesus.
Shingle bells. You are a delight to Jesus! May He turn your enemy upside down and raise you up restored and revived in Him.
I love you and pray for you to be healed in Jesus Name.!

Nise' 12/16/2009  

Praying that you will have a light grip as HE tightens HIS grip on you.

Praising Him for never forgetting us as we are inscribed on His palms!

Sharon Brumfield 12/16/2009  

I am so glad to see you are here...even if you are singing a tune you would rather not be singing. :)
I think of you so often and pray that you would feel Him near.
And although we are not facing cancer or shingles in our family....I know the cry for not another thing before the year is out. I have been amazed as the pressure grows...what yuck is coming up out of my soul. And yet as the yuck rises....a deeper love grows. One leaves and the other takes over.
And I so understand what you were talking about when it comes to ministry...and wanting to do something for Him.
I am learning that His major concern is to present to God a bride....pure and white.
And if that bride is here on earth what He desires it to be....He will draw all men to himself.
One thing I am learning....HE IS FAITHFUL to complete that which He began.
And tonight while at church my husband was reminded that Jesus...who walked as a man....He sympathizes with us. He understands how hard it is to walk this walk....and so He is our ever present Help in time of trouble. Trouble that is going to create a brilliant beautiful bride.
I am praying for you girl....keep walking it out....He is beautiful on you.
Love ya sister

beckyjomama 12/17/2009  

He has not, does not and will not let go of you.

And I have not, do not and will not stop praying. Storming the throne on your behalf!

Lindsee Lou 12/17/2009  

Bless you heart, sweet Bev! Praying they go away very quickly and that you stay comfortable. Love to you!

Mary Lou 12/17/2009  

This what the Lord laid on my heart for you, as I prayed for you today..Psalm 137:7-8
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me. You will stretch forth Your right hand against the wrath of my enemies. Your right hand will save me. The LORD will accomplish what concerns me. Your lovingkindess, O LORD is everylasting. Do not forsake the work of Your hands.

Toknowhim 12/17/2009  

You are reflecting Jesus Bev... I don't even have to see you...His light is shining through you even in your writings...

Love you my friend...Kim

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008