Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Tornado is Dropped Down

Last week snow was dropped down...this week it's a tornado dropping! I was headed to Trinity's Retreat in Weatherford...had just jumped into my car and was approaching Highway 80 when the tornado sirens went off...cellphone circuits were busy...cars were pulling under overpasses...and I couldn't get through to the husband...what do I really do now? I am not the bravest weather person in the world and I am driving in tornado warnings...can't get home, can't find space under a bridge, can't even find a ditch to jump in...so I prayed that my present God would help me and give me peace and He did! He brought to my mind: Galatians 3:3 says we began in the Spirit and do we think we will accomplish our goals by our human efforts? It's not about how strong, how brave, how wise I am---it really is all about the God in me and I let Him come through for me that moment. When I arrived at the retreat after passing several horrible accidents, I took a deep breath and my God showed up again and talked to me about some decisions I had made this past year to not live by human effort but by His strength. It was a special moment for me as I saw God's Hand, heard His Voice about this past year. He spoke to me through Gal. 1:10 - Am I trying to win the approval of men or of my awesome God? Or am I trying to please men? He is awakening His strength in me. I long for any approval but don't want to live that way...I want to long for just One...but I do have some longings that are good ones that may never be filled and that's okay. He always fills us up. The retreat ended up being a very good one...
And after the retreat, I headed for the Texas Motor Speedway to sell $13,000 of Grande Nachos in one day---Bob, Britt and I volunteered with his AAU basketball team. There were over 100,000 fans there, I think....they had to evacuate the place Friday night and I can't imagine....when we left after Jeff Burton won it took us 1 1/2 hours to get out of the parking lot. But I only "heard" the race since, I never came out of the concession stand cause I was too busy making nachos with high school boy basketball players. So how many calories did we sell? If you ever need a nacho maker for your party, I can make them real FAST now!

2 comments:

Anonymous 4/17/2007  

You are so great! I'm so glad that you are safe and that your nacho making skills are getting better.
I get to see your daughter so soon! I am so excited to go visit her! Is there anything you would like for me to bring her?
Thank you for your faith and example. People look up to you more than you know.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray 4/19/2007  

To one of my favorite Aggies!!!! E-mail me your address and I will send you a light small item to take to her...heard you were traveling real light! I'll hold in my heart forever meeting you at Texas A&M.

Praying for Our Friend Joanne Psalm 131:3 Waiting on God. Hope Now. Hope Always.

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home

House of Blessing Tribal Childrens Home
"Whoever welcomes a little child in My Name, welcomes Me." Matthew 18:5 We have posted pictures of the orphans receiving their gifts from you. Scroll down to the post entitled "Today Was the Big Day." Many orphans didn't own anything of their own, but now do, because of you.

My Family

My Family
Britt, Blair, Bev, Bob, Brooke, Barrett

Contact

I've met some amazing women through blogging. I would love to hear from you. My personal e-mail is:
sixbrandons@gmail.com
I have another blog where I blog daily as a small group of us read through the New Testament this year. It's called A String of Pearls. We carry each other on mats (when we just can't walk anymore) to Jesus and sweet things like that.

Followers

My Blog List

Search This Blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Site Meter

Especially Designed for Bev by

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008